JFC Chicken Burger
The JFC Chicken Burger is in the Style of a KFC Big Crunch. Consisting of a Marinated and Breaded Popeyes Style Chicken Breast. Deep-Fried and served on a Butter Toasted Bun. Topped off with Lettuce, Pickles, and Mayonnaise or Mild Mayo Sauce which is really good too.
This recipe is made with a JAH Product JFC ~ Frickin Good Chicken!
Slice Chicken Breast to create Chicken Fillets that are about 1/2 an inch thick or a bit thinner. Pound out so that the Chicken Fillets are an even thickness all the way across.
Chicken Breast Fillet
This was a large Chicken breast that yielded 4 Chicken Fillets, about 1/2 inch thick.
Use real Chicken Breast as frozen processed Chicken isn’t the same.
Popeyes Style Marinade
Popeyes Style marinade is used for marinating the Chicken Fillets. This creates a bunch of Crevices throughout the coating when breaded for optimal Crunch. The marinade will thicken when refrigerated. For this reason, you want to remove the Chicken while still in the marinade to warm up a bit so that the Marinade loosens up a bit for breading.
Dissolve the Bouillon cube in Hot Water and let cool before adding in the other ingredients. You could also dissolve in 1/4 C of Boiling Water and then add 1/4 C of Cold Water so that it is ready right away. For a Spicy version, add in 1 Tbl or more of Sriracha Sauce or other Hot Sauces.
Marinate the Chicken in the Popeyes Style Marinade. Then coat the Chicken in the JFC Breading straight from the marinade. This will create those crevices throughout the chicken due to the thickened marinade folding in on itself when the Chicken Breast is gently tossed about 20 times.
Popeyes Style Marinade Ingredients
- 1/2 C JAH Poly Flour
- 1/2 C Cornstarch
- 1/2 C Water
- 1 Cube Maggi Chicken Bouillon
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 Tbl White Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt & MSG
JAH Poly Flour Ingredients
Combine the below ingredients and mix well. Store in a container with a lid in the cupboards or pantry.
- 3 C Flour
- 1/2 C Lard
- 2 Tbl Baking Powder & Sugar
- 1 Tbl Kosher Salt
Chicken Fillet Breading
The Seasoned Breading used is JFC – Frickin Good Chicken Breading to coat the Chicken straight from the Marinade. Both the Marinade & Breading work together to create a bunch of crevices on the surface that will cook up Crisp.
If you can help it, don’t set them down after breading, as this will flatten out the surface that it rests on. Instead, bread them quickly and go straight to the Deep Fryer.
JFC Chicken Fillet Cook time
It only takes about 10 minutes for a 1/2 inch Chicken Breast to cook at 325 F – 350 F, followed by a rest time.
Remove the Chicken while still in the marinade, about 30 minutes before deep-frying. At the same time, heat up the deep fryer and let it stay hot. After 30 minutes, bread the Chicken & Deep Fry.
JFC Chicken Fillet
Deep Fry at 325 F – 350 F for 10 minutes. Lift the Basket out and stand the fillets up to drain off excess Oil for a few seconds. Remove and let rest a few minutes.
These Chicken Breast Fillets were marinated in Popeyes Marinade with the Lupin Flakes added for Extra Crunch.
JFC Chicken Burger Toppings
The JFC Burger is topped with Pickles, Lettuce and Mayo or Mild Mayo Sauce.
Other toppings to add might include Cheese, Sriracha Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Hot Sauce, Coleslaw, Bread & Butter Pickles, Tomatoes, Onions, Bacon, Corn Relish, Ham and/or Swiss for different variations of the JFC Chicken Burger. For me, I always got to have a bit of Ketchup on it for the Classic Big Crunch.
JFC Big Crunch
Extra Crispy Chicken on a Buttered and Toasted Bun. Topped with just Mayonnaise and Ketchup.
What to do with leftover Popeyes Marinade
After the Chicken Fillets have been breaded and deep-fried, the leftover marinade can be used to coat Cauliflower or Onion Rings.
Place bite size Cauliflower into the marinade to coat and go straight to breading. Deep-fry at 350 F for 5 minutes.
Coat the Onion rings in the Marinade and go straight to breading. Deep-fry at 375 F – 400 F for 2–4 minutes.
What to do with leftover JFC Breading
Leftover JFC Breading can be used to make Gravy to serve over some Fries as a side. You can also just make the Gravy and then freeze it for other recipes.
Gravy made with leftover JFC Breading.
JFC Chicken Burger Sides
Besides the sides above (Fried Cauliflower or Onion Rings), serve the JFC Chicken Burgers with a side from below.
A Caesar Salad is a nice side dish too.
Coleslaw is nice, either on the side or to top the Chicken Burger.
JFC Chicken Burger
- 1 Deep Fryer
- 1 Marinating Bowl
- 1 Breading Bowl
- 1 Skillet
- Prepare and cut the Chicken Breast so that you end up with 4 Chicken Fillets about 1/2 inch in thickness or thinner and slightly larger than the Hamburger buns they are going on. Pound them out to an even thickness all the way through.
- Combine the ingredients for the Popeyes style marinade and add the Chicken for at least 1 hour, removing it from the fridge 30 minutes before cooking. Heat up the Deep Fryer to 325 F – 350 F.
- Remove each Chicken Breast and place into a bowl with the JFC Breading. Gently toss about 20 times and then shake off excess breading.
- Deep Fry for about 10 minutes. Lift the Basket out of the Oil and stand the fillets up to drain off any excess Oil. Remove and allow to rest 5 minutes while you Toast the Buns.
- Butter and Toast the Hamburger Buns in a skillet over medium heat and assemble.Bottom BunChicken BreastPicklesLettuceMayo or Mild Mayo Sauce on Top Bun, optionally with a bit of Ketchup.
- Jerk ChickenJuicy, Fall off the Bone, Charred Crispy Jerk Chicken with that addictive taste and just the right Hit of Heat, that you can control. Make it as Mild, Medium, Spicy or Hot as desired. The Jerk Marinade is made up in a Jar in about … Read more
- Cabbage Roll SoupWhat a wonderful Savory Cabbage Roll Soup made from Salted Tender Cabbage and Rice with Parsley, Tarragon & Caraway to add that Cabbage Roll taste. This soup is based on the Vegetable Soup and can include a variety of meats, such as ground Beef, Pork, … Read more
- Swiss SteakFork Tender Swiss Steak with a Flavorful Beefy Tomato Sauce. Done Stove top, in a Slow Cooker or Oven Braised for a Delicious Comforting Meal. Add in your choice of herbs to shape the Flavors and serve with Mashed, Roasted or Steamed Potatoes, Crispy Fries, … Read more