Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad
Ham & Cheese Pasta Salad is a very nice side dish. Made with Short Pasta, diced Ham & Cheese in a Sweet Pasta Salad Dressing and Vegetables. It’s a simple Pasta Salad recipe that you can pretty much throw in anything. However, the Ham & Cheese cubes are a must. Include it as a go-to side over the Holidays or anytime of the year when the craving hits. It really is simply delicious.
Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad ingredients
Made with Short Pasta, Diced Ham & Cheese, Salad Dressing (Mayo, Sugar, Apple Cider Vinegar, Parsley, Black Pepper), Bell Peppers, Celery, and Onion.
I like the Rotini or Cavatappi Pasta, but any short pasta will do just fine.
Just boil with some salt until done. Strain and place back into the pot to fill with cold water. This will stop the cooking process. Strain very well before combining with the remaining ingredients.
Ham & Cheese Pasta Salad
Made with Rotini Pasta.
If preparing a Ham Roast, some of it can be chopped off and frozen to add to this Salad whenever you make it. The Diced Ham can also be frozen to use at a later time. Just cut off a few slices and dice it. Then freeze in a Ziploc Bag.
Use diced Ham from a precooked Ham or Deli Ham.
Diced Cheddar Cheese in particular for us anyway is Old Fort Cheddar Cheese, but sometimes we add in Marble Cheese.
Other Cheeses can be added. Such as Romano & Parmesan. Gouda Cheese is very nice as well. If you want to add in a bit more heat from a different source, use Jalapeño, Habanero, or Monterrey Jack Cheese.
Old Fort Cheddar Cheese.
Pasta Salad Dressing
The Sauce is a Mayo Based Sauce. With Sugar added for the Sweetness and Apple Cider Vinegar for a Slight acidity. When combined with the sugar, it is a really nice touch to the added Mayo.
Pasta Salad Vegetables
Bell Peppers, Celery, and Onions. Add in other vegetables such as Pimentos, Hot Peppers, Broccoli, Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Lettuce, Green Peas, Carrots, Olives.
Sweet Long red Peppers or Bell Peppers can be used. Along with Celery & Onions add a nice visual and crunch.
Ham & Cheese Pasta Salad Seasoning
There aren’t really any Herbs & Spices that go into this. It mostly relies on the Ham & Cheese and various Vegetables within the Salad for crunch. With the flavoring coming from the combination of Mayo, Sugar, Vinegar, Parsley, and Black Pepper.
It’s a very simplistic Salad. Although other ingredients can be added, such as Paprika, Dill Seeds, Celery Seeds, Tarragon, Chervil.
Ham and Cheese Pasta Salad
- 1 Pasta Pot
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 4 C Short Pasta - like Rotini, Cavatappi or Macaroni
- 1 Red Bell Pepper - Diced
- 1-2 Celery - Diced
- 1 small Onion - Diced
- 1 C Cheddar Cheese - Diced
- 1 C Ham - Diced
- 1 C Mayo
- 1/4 C Sugar
- 2 Tbl Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Combine all the Sauce Ingredients and Mix well.
- Bring a Pot of Water to boil and Boil the Pasta until done. Meanwhile, prepare all the ingredients you will add to the Salad. When the Pasta is done, Strain and Place back into the pot to fill with cold water, strain again.
- Combine everything together and mix. Refrigerate at least one hour.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…