Chicken and The Corn
I had to call this Chicken and The Corn. Delicious Buttery Mashed Potatoes, Real Chicken Gravy, Frickin Good Chicken Breaded Popcorn & Corn with some Parmesan Cheese and/or Marble Cheese on top. Oh Yeah, Make your Belly Smile with this dish! Keep the portion small this is an extremely rich dish.
The Mashed Potatoes that are used for this recipe is JAH Magic Mashed Potatoes.
Peel and Chop the Potatoes in half, then in quarters, and Steam the Potatoes until done. Pass through a Ricer then to this add the ingredients.
This results in a very rich buttery golden Mashed Potatoes. You can add more cream and butter to get the consistency you desire.
The gravy used is JAH Chicken Gravy. Have this prepared and keep warm.
For this dish, we use KFC Style Popcorn Chicken. Which is Coated in JAH Frickin Good Chicken Breading. The Popcorn Chicken dimensions are .9″ x .9″. So about 1 inch squared or roughly chopped to that dimension.
Either the KFC or Popeyes Style Popcorn Chicken can be used depending on the marinade that is used for the chicken.
The marinade can be the same one used for Fried Chicken.
However, seeing how this is a dish where Cheese is included. The McDonald’s Grilled Chicken Marinade can be used with the Salt reduced by half for the chicken since the breading already contains salt and the Parmesan cheese will contribute salt as well. It adds even more richness to the overall dish.
- 1/2 C Water
- 1/4 C Oil
- 2 tsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Chicken Powder
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice & Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Liquid Smoke & Onion Powder
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper & Paprika
Just mix the above marinade together and marinate the Chicken.
Corn in a pot with some butter and water and gently heated over low heat and kept warm until ready to use. I find the Peaches in Cream Whole Corn Kernels really adds a nice sweetness.
For Extras add in Bacon Bits & Chopped Green Onions sprinkled over top for garnishing. Crispy Fried Onions can be included as well or have these on the side.
You can also serve this with some ketchup on the side. Some people like Ketchup with Gravy, myself included. It can help lighten the dish up since this dish is extremely rich.
Chicken and The Corn Assembly
Start out with cutting the chicken breast into 1-inch cubes and marinate while you prepare everything else.
Just scoop on some Mashed Potatoes and flatten out. Top with Corn, Cheese, and Gravy. Add Fried Popcorn Chicken on top. Garnish with Parsley & Chili Flakes or Aleppo.
Chicken and The Corn
- Deep Fryer
- Prepare JFC Popcorn Chicken.Prepare the Mashed Potatoes & JFC Gravy and keep warm.Place the Corn into a pot with 1/4 C of Butter & 2 Tbl of Water over low heat to keep warm until ready to use.
- Plate or Bowl Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Cheese, Gravy, and Popcorn Chicken. Optionally with some Bacon Bits and Green Onions or Crispy Fried Onions.
- Burrito BowlThis Taco Burrito Bowl is made with all the same ingredients used to make a Taco Burrito. All layered in a Plate, Bowl or Tortilla Bowl. Place everything out on the table, so everyone can build their own with some Soda and enjoy a Family … Read more
- Aioli Pork ChopsAioli Pork Chops are just Phenomenal! These Pork Chops are marinated in an Aioli Marinade using the Jar version of it. Where everything is placed into a Jar and puréed with an Immersion Blender. Slow cooked until fork tender. Just as they come out of … Read more
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your … Read more