Chicken and The Corn
I had to call this Chicken and The Corn. Delicious Buttery Mashed Potatoes, Real Chicken Gravy, Frickin Good Chicken Breaded Popcorn & Corn with some Parmesan Cheese and/or Marble Cheese on top. Oh Yeah, Make your Belly Smile with this dish! Keep the portion small this is an extremely rich dish.
The Mashed Potatoes that are used for this recipe is JAH Magic Mashed Potatoes.
Peel and Chop the Potatoes in half, then in quarters, and Steam the Potatoes until done. Pass through a Ricer then to this add the ingredients.
This results in a very rich buttery golden Mashed Potatoes. You can add more cream and butter to get the consistency you desire.
The gravy used is JAH Chicken Gravy. Have this prepared and keep warm.
For this dish, we use KFC Style Popcorn Chicken. Which is Coated in JAH Frickin Good Chicken Breading. The Popcorn Chicken dimensions are .9″ x .9″. So about 1 inch squared or roughly chopped to that dimension.
Either the KFC or Popeyes Style Popcorn Chicken can be used depending on the marinade that is used for the chicken.
The marinade can be the same one used for Fried Chicken.
However, seeing how this is a dish where Cheese is included. The McDonald’s Grilled Chicken Marinade can be used with the Salt reduced by half for the chicken since the breading already contains salt and the Parmesan cheese will contribute salt as well. It adds even more richness to the overall dish.
- 1/2 C Water
- 1/4 C Oil
- 2 tsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Chicken Powder
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice & Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Liquid Smoke & Onion Powder
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper & Paprika
Just mix the above marinade together and marinate the Chicken.
Corn in a pot with some butter and water and gently heated over low heat and kept warm until ready to use. I find the Peaches in Cream Whole Corn Kernels really adds a nice sweetness.
For Extras add in Bacon Bits & Chopped Green Onions sprinkled over top for garnishing. Crispy Fried Onions can be included as well or have these on the side.
You can also serve this with some ketchup on the side. Some people like Ketchup with Gravy, myself included. It can help lighten the dish up since this dish is extremely rich.
Chicken and The Corn Assembly
Start out with cutting the chicken breast into 1-inch cubes and marinate while you prepare everything else.
Just scoop on some Mashed Potatoes and flatten out. Top with Corn, Cheese, and Gravy. Add Fried Popcorn Chicken on top. Garnish with Parsley & Chili Flakes or Aleppo.
Chicken and The Corn
- Deep Fryer
- Prepare JFC Popcorn Chicken.Prepare the Mashed Potatoes & JFC Gravy and keep warm.Place the Corn into a pot with 1/4 C of Butter & 2 Tbl of Water over low heat to keep warm until ready to use.
- Plate or Bowl Mashed Potatoes, Corn, Cheese, Gravy, and Popcorn Chicken. Optionally with some Bacon Bits and Green Onions or Crispy Fried Onions.
- Pineapple ChickenChinese Pineapple Chicken that is better than any takeout. When you need your fix for some Chinese Food, this is one of those dishes. It’s a nice change up from the Classic Chinese Red Sweet & Sour Chicken Balls. It’s just so good. The Chicken…
- Chocolate Caramel Banana MilkshakeThis Milkshake has the addictive flavor combination of Chocolate & Caramel blended up into a Milkshake with Bananas and more Syrup drizzled on top for a Sweet Chocolate Caramel Banana Milkshake. It’s a blended Chocolate Caramel Banana Split! Chocolate Caramel Banana Milkshake Ingredients Made with…
- Party PizzaThis Sheet Pan Pizza or Party Pizza will make about 18 slices of Pizza per Tray! Double it up and place both into the oven side by side to get 36 slices of Pizza. Instead of two Party Pizzas, you can make one a Pizza…