Chicken and The Corn
I had too call this Chicken and The Corn. Delicious Buttery Mashed Potatoes, Real Chicken Gravy, Frickin Good Chicken Breaded Popcorn & Corn with some Parmesan Cheese and/or Marble Cheese on top. Oh Yeah, Make your Belly Smile with this dish! Keep the portion small this is an extremely rich dish.
This Recipe uses JAH Frickin Good Chicken Breading for the Popcorn Chicken.
The Mashed Potatoes that are used for this recipe is JAH Magic Mashed Potatoes.
Peel and Chop the Potatoes in half, then in quarters and Steam the Potatoes until done. Pass through a Ricer then to this add the ingredients.
This results in a very rich buttery golden Mashed Potatoes. You can add more cream and Butter to get the consistency you desire.
The gravy used is JAH Chicken Gravy. Have this prepared and keep warm.
It First starts with 1/3 C of JAH Frickin Good Chicken Breading and 1/3 C of Fat, preferably Rendered Chicken Fat or Bacon Grease, however Lard will work as well.
Cook this over medium heat until it is a peanut butter color. Then Add in 3 Cups of Chicken Broth Slowly.
If the left over breading from breading the Popcorn Chicken doesn;t quite make up 1/3 C. Add more JAH Frickin Good Chicken Breading or Substitute with additional Flour.
To this you can add JAH Poultry Brine or Season with additional Herbs & Spices. Adjust the Salt and Heat towards the end before serving.
For this dish we use KFC Style Popcorn Chicken. Which is Coated in JAH Frickin Good Chicken Breading. The Pop Corn Chicken dimensions are .9″ x .9″. So about 1 inch squared or roughly chopped to that dimension.
The marinade can be the same one used for Fried Chicken, which is Eggs and Water.
However seeing how this is a dish where Cheese is included. The McDonald’s Grilled Chicken Marinade can be used with the Salt reduced by half for the chicken, since the breading already contains salt and the Parmesan cheese will contribute salt as well. It adds even more richness to the overall dish.
- 1/2 C Water
- 1/4 C Oil
- 2 tsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp Chicken Powder
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice & Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Liquid Smoke & Onion Powder
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper & Paprika
Just mix the above marinade together and marinate the Chicken.
Alternatively make it the same as the Fried Chicken and Marinate in 1 Egg with 3 Tbl Water. For this recipe I prefer the McDonald’s Marinade.
Corn in a pot with some butter and water and gently heated over low heat and kept warm until ready to use. I find the Peaches in Cream Whole Corn Kernels really adds a nice sweetness.
For Extras add in Bacon Bits & Chopped Green Onions sprinkled over top for garnishing. Crispy Fried Onions can be included as well. Or have these on the side.
You can also serve this with some ketchup on the side. Some people like Ketchup with Gravy, myself included. It can help lighten the dish up since this dish is extremely rich.
Chicken and The Corn Assembly
Start out with cutting chicken breast into 1 inch cubes and marinate while you prepare everything else.
Just scoop on some Mashed Potatoes and flatten out. Pour some Gravy over, top with Fried Popcorn Chicken with Corn and some Shredded Cheese on top. Garnish with Parsley & Chili Flakes or Aleppo.
Chicken and The Corn
- Deep Fryer
- 1 1/2 C Peaches & Cream Whole Kernel Corn
- 1/4 C Butter
- 2 Tbl Water
- Combine the Chicken Marinade Ingredients together. Chop the Chicken up into Pop Corn Chicken Size. Place into the marinade and refrigerate for an hour or more.
- Prepare the Magic Mashed Potatoes & Gravy and keep warm.
- Place the Corn and Butter into a Pot over low heat to keep warm until ready to use.
- Preheat the Deep Fryer and Drain out the Marinade and place all of the Chicken into a Bowl with JAH Frickin Good Chicken Breading. Toss well to ensure all pieces are coated. Deep fry at 350 F until golden brown about 10 minutes.
- Plate or Bowl Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Cheese, Corn and Chicken. Optionally with some Bacon Bits and Green Onions or Crispy Fried Onions.