JFC Chicken Nuggets
We’re talking about a Twenty-four pack of JFC Chicken Nuggets. Serve it with your favorite Dipping Sauce. Made from one whole Chicken breast. Crispy, Juicy Chicken Nuggets. Marinated in a Popeyes Style marinade and breaded with JFC Frickin Good Chicken Breading. For two types of Chicken Nuggets.
These can also be made in big batches, deep-fried, and frozen to reheat at a later time to have chicken nuggets on demand. Pop them into the oven or air fryer to reheat until hot throughout and crispy.
Prepare the Chicken the same as you would for Chicken Fingers, slicing across the grain to get about 5-6 strips plus the tenderloin. Then chop each strip in half and half again to create 4 pieces from each strip. Yeilding about 24 chicken nuggets. I get about 24 pieces of nuggets from 1 chicken breast weighing at about 1+ lb.
You can slice them into any size you want. But try to keep them all around the same size.
JFC Chicken Nuggets Marinade
Brine or marinate the chicken pieces in the below mixture to add more flavor to the meat.
- Use 1/2 C water with 1 Chicken Maggi Bouillon Cube dissolved
- Add 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt & MSG.
Marinate the Chicken nuggets for 1 hour before breading them straight from the marinade to the JFC Breading.
JFC Chicken Nuggets Breading
Two ways these can be breaded. In both cases, the final breading is JFC Breading.
- The first style or Original Style is the chicken placed into brine and then breaded straight with JFC Breading.
- The Second or Popeyes Style is where that same brine for the first is thickened with JFC Deep Fry Batter for a Popeyes style marinade and straight to breading with JFC Breading.
Place the chicken in just the Brine Solution. Coat the Nuggets in JFC Breading and deep fry. This is the classic or original method.
This is my preferred way to have the nuggets as it creates that texture that is really good for Nuggets, Chicken Fingers, and Breast Fillets.
Deep Frying JFC Chicken Nuggets
Deep-fried at 350 F for about 5-7 minutes, depending on size. Scooped out and left to cool.
If the nuggets are cooked just until they are done, then the juices inside will in effect steam the crust softening it. You don’t want to cook the nuggets until they are well done either. Since this would result in tough and dry nuggets. Somewhere in between is ideal. Just enough that it is still juicy but dry enough that it doesn’t steam the breading. This is about 5-7 minutes, more towards the 7 min mark, depending on the thickness of your nuggets.
Freeze them to reheat later for Nuggets on demand. Reheat them in the oven or air fryer.
JFC Chicken Nugget Platter
Use the remaining leftover Popeyes style Marinade & JFC Breading to make some JFC Fried Cauliflower or JFC Onion Rings. Serve these up with some Homemade Fries or regular storebought Fries or Curly Fries. Along with your Favorite Dipping Sauce.
JFC Chicken Nuggets
- Deep Fryer
- Prepare Popeyes Style marinade. Slice the Chicken Breast into the desired thickness across the grain to create the Chicken Strips about the same size as Chicken Tenders. Then chop each Strip into 4 equal sections. Keep all of the chicken pieces about the same size.
- Add the Chicken to the marinade and toss well. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before deep frying and heat the deep fryer up to 350 F.
- Bread the Chicken pieces straight from the marinade, tossing it around about 20 times, before aggressively shaking any excess flour off, and repeat for each Chicken piece to make up one batch. Deep Fry for 5-7 minutes at 350 F. Repeat for remaining chicken nuggets.
- 1/2 C Water
- 1 Maggi Bouillon Cube / Chicken
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt & MSG