JAH Frickin Good Chicken
JAH Frickin Good Chicken is a true culinary marvel that will leave your taste buds begging for more. The secret lies in the breading, which is crafted to seal in the tender goodness and natural juices of the chicken. With each bite, you will experience a heavenly combination of a crispy, savory crust and succulent, juicy, flavorful meat.
What sets JAH Frickin Good Chicken apart from the rest is its unparalleled juiciness and the secret blend of Herbs & Spices. The chicken is cooked to perfection, ensuring that every piece is moist and tender. Whether you prefer white meat or dark meat, you can rest assured that each bite will be a juicy delight.
If you have some leftover Breading and not sure what to do with it, don’t fret! It can be used for a Beautiful Savory Gravy. Simply take the leftover breading and whip up a delightful gravy that pairs perfectly with Mashed Potatoes, Fries or even a Poutine.
And here’s another little Tip– JAH Frickin Good Chicken is also incredibly delicious when eaten cold. The well-seasoned breading gets even better when chilled, creating a unique and enjoyable eating experience. So the next time you find yourself with some leftover chicken, don’t hesitate to grab a piece straight from the fridge for a delectable treat.
JAH Frickin Good Chicken is not just your ordinary fried chicken. It is a culinary masterpiece that surpasses all expectations. Its exceptional juiciness, delectable flavor, and versatility make it a standout choice for any mealtime. So why settle for anything less when you can indulge in some Frickin Good Chicken?
Old Fashioned Country Style Fried Chicken Breading specifically designed to Seal in the Natural Juices, Seasoned with the Secret Herbs & Spices. Hot or Cold, once you taste it you’re gonna know. Right from the Aroma when it’s deep-frying, to that old style Flavor and the greasy fingertips with those tiny nodules, that you use to get a wet napkin for.
- Seasoned with Secret Herbs & Spices
- Enough to do 24 pieces of Chicken, or 4 lbs. of Wings, or over 2 Whole Chickens.
- Can be used for other dishes (Chicken Burger, Chicken and the Corn, Nuggets, Popcorn Chicken, Shrimp, Cauliflower, and more)
- Make Gravy with the used leftover breading with all the Fixins
- It’s got that Aroma, Flavor and the Greasy Fingertip with the bits of nodules.
Ingredients: Enriched bleached Flour (Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Salt, Herbs & Spices, White Pepper, Black Pepper, Monosodium Glutamate, Sugars (Sugars)
Contains: Wheat, Mustard, Sulfites, Barley
Ingrédients: Farine blanchie enrichie (farine de blé, farine d’orge malté, niacine, fer, thiamine, riboflavine, acide folique), sel, herbes et épices, poivre blanc, poivre noir, glutamate monosodique, sucres (sucres)
Contient : Blé, Moutarde, Sulfites, Orge
Préparé dans un établissement où d’autres allergènes peuvent être présents
Prepared in a facility where other allergens may be present.
- Marinate 9-12 pieces of Chicken in the below marinade
- 1 Maggi Chicken Bouillon Cube
- 1/2 C Water
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt & MSG
- Toss each piece in JFC Breading and press the breading into the chicken.
- Deep Fry at 325 F/162 C for 18 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes.
- Faites mariner 9 à 12 morceaux de poulet dans la marinade ci-dessous
- 1 cube de bouillon de poulet Maggi
- 1/2 t d’eau
- 1/2 cuillère à café de sel de mer et MSG
- Mélanger chaque morceau dans la panure JFC et presser la panure dans le poulet.
- Faire frire à 325 F/162 C pendant 18 minutes. Laisser reposer 10 minutes.
Prepare the marinade and let it cool. Add the Chicken. Toss well and refrigerate.
Bread the Chicken with JFC Breading, straight from the marinade. Press the breading into the Chicken and then shake off the excess. Set aside to rest while the Deep Fryer heats up.
Deep Fry the Chicken at 325 F for 15 – 18 minutes in batches.
Optionally place in the oven at 200 F / 94 C to hold. This will also soften the skin, if that is desired.
Use the leftover breading to make Gravy!
The leftover JFC Breading from breading the Chicken can be used to make JFC Gravy.
Poultry Brine is also used to elevate the Gravy Flavor for some seriously good Gravy! Add in additional Herbs & Spices as you see fit. Some suggestions are Sage, Savory, Onion, Garlic. The Poultry Brine does not work as a marinade for Fried Chicken due to the Cream of Tartar that is added and the way it affects the breading.
For Whole Chicken, cut into 9 – 12 pieces. Cutting it into 8 pieces will result in the chicken breast being too big to cook through. Visit my post on How to Prepare Chicken for more information.
Marinating the Chicken
There are a few ways to season the chicken before breading. My go-to is marinating the Chicken in JAH Fried Chicken Marinade and breading straight from here for KFC Style. This method introduces the best flavors into the chicken.
Use 1/4 tsp of Kosher salt per piece or 1 Tbl of Kosher Salt for a whole 3 – 4 lb. Chicken. Refrigerate for an hour or longer and then rinse the Chicken well. Bread directly from being washed or to dip in Egg Wash before breading.
Fried Chicken Marinade
For the Best Flavor, marinate the Chicken in the Fried Chicken Marinade below and go straight to breading.
- 1/2 C Water
- 1 Chicken Maggi Bouillon Cube dissolved in the water above
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt & MSG
Use the Popeyes Style Marinade for Popeyes Style Chicken. This is the way I make quite a few dishes including, the Big Crunch, Butterfly Shrimp, Fried Cauliflower, Chicken Fingers, Fried Fish, and more.
You can combine 1 Egg with 2-3 Tbl of Water and place the Chicken in to marinate. While this doesn’t really add too much flavor to the Chicken it makes for a nice breading.
Recipes that use JFC Fried Chicken Breading
Popeyes Style Marinade is used to create a Unique & Crispy coating with the Kernels. Marinate the chicken for 12 hours just like Popeyes. Then toss it 20 times gently in JFC Breading, give it a shake, and deep fry.
JFC Chicken Wings breaded KFC or Popeyes Style. Optionally toss them in your choice Sauce. Honey Garlic, BBQ, Buffalo Sauce, and more.
Deep Fried Breaded Crispy JFC Chicken Fingers in Popeyes Style Marinade. Dip them in Dipping Sauce or Place them on a Wrap for a Snackwich.
JFC Chicken Nuggets, 1-inch by 2-inch, 1/4 inch thick yielding about 24 Chicken Nuggets from a 1 lb. Chicken Breast. KFC or Popeyes Style.
Variations of the JFC Snack Wrap with one Crispy Deep Fried Chicken Finger on a Tortilla Wrap with your choice of Sauce and Fillings.
Crispy Deep Fried Bite-Size JFC Popcorn Chicken. Marinated in Popeyes Style Marinade and Breaded with JFC Frickin Good Chicken Breading.
JFC Gravy can be made using the leftover breading from JFC Frickin Good Chicken Breading. Use it over Mashed Potatoes, Poutine, and more.
KFC Style Famous Bowl is such a Rich & Comforting Dish. Easy to make with minimal ingredients and extremely Satisfying. Dig in and Enjoy!
Fried Cauliflower dipped in Popeyes Style Marinade and Breaded with JFC Frickin Good Chicken Breading, Deep Fried for 5 Minutes.
JFC Fried Shrimp marinated in Popeyes Style marinade and Breaded with JFC Frickin Good Chicken Breading. Deep Fried for 3 minutes.
Cod, Haddock, or any white Fish dipped in Popeyes Style Marinade and Breaded with JFC Frickin Good Chicken Breading.
JFC Onion Rings! This is how JAHZKITCHEN does KFC Style Onion Rings. Dipped in a wet batter and Breaded with JFC Breading. Make them Onion Wedges or Nuggets.
Wings coated in a Quick Honey Garlic Sauce.
Schnitzels using Thinly Sliced Meat, Marinated and breaded in JFC Breading.
JFC Chicken Finger on a Tortilla with a mix of Mayonnaise & Sweet Thai Chili Sauce.
JFC Fried Chicken
- 1 Deep Fryer
- 1 Saucepan – To dissolve the Bouillon cube in water
- 1 Marinating Bowl
- 1 Breading Bowl
- 1 Rack – To place the Breaded Chicken on
- 1 Whole Chicken - Chopped to 9 – 12 pieces
- 1 C JFC Frickin Good Chicken Breading - More if needed
Fried Chicken Marinade
- 1/2 C Water
- 1 Cube Maggi Chicken Bouillon
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt & MSG
- Place all the ingredients into a saucepan for the Fried Chicken marinade and heat up over medium heat, just until the bouillon cube is dissolved. Pour it into your marinating bowl and refrigerate until cool enough to add the Chicken.
- Clean and Chop the Chicken into 9 – 12 pieces and add them to the Marinade and refrigerate for 1 hour or longer.
- Heat the deep fryer up to 325 F and take the Marinating bowl out of the fridge.
- Place JFC Breading into a bowl. Add Chicken one at a time, tossing it in the breading and pressing the breading in. Shake off any excess flour and set aside. Repeat for each piece. Let the Chicken rest until the deep fryer is up to temp.
- Deep Fry in batches for 15 – 18 minutes. Lift the basket up and stand the pieces up to drain off any excess oil. Repeat for each batch.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before eating or place into the oven at 200 F to keep warm and soften the skin.
- Any leftovers can be refrigerated and eaten cold the next day. The leftover breading can be used to make Gravy.
Popeyes Style ChickenVisit Popeyes Style Chicken Recipe for this version of Fried Chicken.
GravyVisit JFC Gravy Recipe to make gravy with the leftover breading.
- Jerk ChickenJuicy, Fall off the Bone, Charred Crispy Jerk Chicken with that addictive taste and just the right Hit of Heat, that you can control. Make it as Mild, Medium, Spicy or Hot as desired. The Jerk Marinade is made up in a Jar in about … Read more
- Cabbage Roll SoupWhat a wonderful Savory Cabbage Roll Soup made from Salted Tender Cabbage and Rice with Parsley, Tarragon & Caraway to add that Cabbage Roll taste. This soup is based on the Vegetable Soup and can include a variety of meats, such as ground Beef, Pork, … Read more
- Swiss SteakFork Tender Swiss Steak with a Flavorful Beefy Tomato Sauce. Done Stove top, in a Slow Cooker or Oven Braised for a Delicious Comforting Meal. Add in your choice of herbs to shape the Flavors and serve with Mashed, Roasted or Steamed Potatoes, Crispy Fries, … Read more