Poly Flour is a mixed Flour recipe I have used for many years. It was one of my tricks for various food items. From producing soft bread products, to unbelievable crunch in deep fried foods. You are going to want this Ingredient on standby in your kitchen. It’s Easy as 1-2-3 and truly is versatile.
This is my version of a Homemade Bisquick Flour. It’s easy too! Just combine and mix.
Enriched Flour Bleached (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), Vegetable Oil (palm, canola, high oleic soybean, and/or sunflower oil), Corn Starch, Dextrose, Leavening (baking soda, sodium aluminum phosphate, monocalcium phosphate), Salt, Sugar, Monoglycerides.
In this blend the Cornstarch is left out, because the Poly Flour is also used in places where cornstarch is not desired, such as in dough, to an extent. For Biscuits, I found that adding in cornstarch results in better Biscuits and more inline with Tim Hortons Style Tea Biscuits. It’s a substitute way of making cake flour with All Purpose Flour by cutting it with cornstarch.
Cornstarch can be added afterward for recipes that would benefit from it.
Poly Flour Ingredients
The ingredients for Poly Flour is All Purpose Flour, Pure Lard, Baking Powder, Sugar and Kosher Salt.
How to Mix Poly Flour
Combine all the ingredients together and mix in a Dough Mixer or Food Processor until the lard is well incorporated into the flour. Optionally mix by hand with a Pastry Blender until all the Lard is mixed in well.
How to Store Poly Flour
Make up a batch of this and store it in an airtight container on the shelf or in a cool, dry place. It can stay here for quite a long time, a few months, 4–6 months. For long term storage. Refrigerate or place in the freezer for longer storage.
Poly Flour Recipes
There really are just so many recipes that use Poly Flour as an Ingredient. Below are a just few, it really is amazing on just how often this can be used as an ingredient.
- 1 Dough Mixer or Food Processor
- 1 Storage Container
- 3 C Flour
- 1/2 C Lard
- 2 Tbl Baking Powder & Sugar - each
- 1 Tbl Kosher Salt
- Combine all Ingredients together and mix in a Dough Mixer with a Paddle for 5 minutes or in a Food Processor for 1–2 minutes or until well combined.
- Store in airtight container on a shelf or cupboards in a cool, dry place.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…