Naan Pizza made with Fresh & Soft Homemade Naan or Store bought for Quick & Easy. Sauced up with your Favorite Pizza Sauce & Toppings with that Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese blend for one of the best Naan Pizza!
A Personal Naan Pizza is great for a Lunch or Snack or a Meal with a side of Naan Garlic Fingers and some Donair Sauce for dipping. It makes for an Awesome Pizza Night Combo and a Quick meal with leftover or store bought Naan.
Use Homemade Naan Bread for Fresh & Soft Naan Bread. Which will make about 10 pieces. This takes about 2 hours to proof for fresh Naan or leftover Naan can be used. For a no Fuss Quick & Easy Naan Pizza use store bought Naan.
The Homemade Naan Bread will have a flat side and a bubbly side. The Flat side will cook up a bit darker and the Bubbly side not so much. But the difference isn’t really that noticeable. However I do prefer to place the Naan Bread flat side down so that the Bubbly side with it’s pockets and grooves can hold more sauce. But either way is fine.
Pitza is a Super Soft & Fluffy Personal Pizza made with the same dough used to make Naan Bread. Although this version portions the dough out at 90 g and builds the Pizza just the same as a Pizza. The Dough is prepared the same way as Naan initially by finger pressing the dough out into a circle.
With Naan, the dough is stretched out and cooked in a pan. The Pitza uses the circular pressed out dough to start building the Pizza and is oven baked just the same as a Pizza.
Uses the Naan Dough and is prepared the same as a Pizza. Resulting in a Super Soft & Fluffy Personal Pizza.
Use your Favorite Pizza Sauce. We got a few of them here like the Classic Italian Style Pizza Sauce, Neapolitan Pizza Sauce, Passata Pizza Sauce, and others. Just combine the ingredients and you’re ready to go.
- 1×680 ml Mutti Passata
- 4 Large Basil Leaves – Finely chopped or torn
- 3 Tbl EVOO
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 3 Sprigs Oregano – about 1/4 – 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 Clove Garlic – Finely grated
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper – or more to taste
Naan Pizza Toppings
With any Pizza, good quality Toppings really matter here. There are a few crucial ones which I’ve included below in order to get the best possible tasting Naan Pizzas.
Fantino & Mondello is one of the best brands out there for Homemade Pizzas.
Pizzeria Italian Sausage
To get tiny nuggets of Italian Sausages just like the Pizzerias. Remove the skin from your favorite Italian Sausage or make Homemade Italian Sausage and shape into tiny elongated nuggets using 1/2 a tsp portions.
Bake or Pan fry until just cooked and then top your Naan Pizzas.
My go to is the Burger Mixin. Either cooked up ground or shaped into tiny meatballs using 1/2 tsp portions just the same as the Italian Sausage.
For every 1 lbs. of Ground Beef, add the below Burger Mixin to add Flavor, Umami and Texture.
- 1 tsp Beef Powder
- 1/2 tsp MSG
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
Old School Pizzeria Ground Beef cooked Ground Beef with a bit of Worcestershire or Soy Sauce.
Pizzeria bacon isn’t really Crisp. It’s more like steamed Bacon.
To achieve this at home. Mince the Bacon and cook in a pan over medium heat while covered. This in effect steams the Bacon and renders the fat out. Optionally add a splash of water to create more steam.
Pizzeria Mozzarella Cheese Blend
For the best Flavor and melting action, use a shredded Cheese blend of Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese at a ratio of 3:1. Combine into a large freezer bag 3 cups of shredded Mozzarella Cheese & 1 Cup of shredded Provolone Cheese. Use a food processor to shred them up in seconds and combine everything into a freezer bag.
Use a High Moisture Mozzarella Cheese like Saputo’s Pizzeria Cheese.
Provolone Cheese just adds Flavor and beautiful melting.
Pizzeria Mozzarella Cheese Blend
3:1 Ratio of Mozzarella & Provolone. Use it on your Naan Pizza and the remaining Cheese can go directly to the freezer.
The addition of a small amount of Cheddar Cheese depending on the Pizza toppings offers up some sharpness. Which is really nice and desirable depending on the type of Naan Pizza being made.
Use a small amount to sprinkle over the Mozzarella Cheese blend on the Naan Pizzas.
Parmesan or Parmigiano Reggiano is very nice on top. Others can include Asiago & Romano. These are also very good on Garlic Fingers or Naan Garlic Fingers.
Finely grated on top of the Naan Pizzas as they come out of the Oven.
Powdered Parmesan & Romano
These are pretty good to sprinkle over you Pizzas too and are pretty cheap.
A Pizza Shake is additional items that can go on top of a Pizza to add flavor. It’s a unique way of creating different flavors or accenting certain flavors from the same Pizza.
Some Pizzerias included a shaker of Chili Flakes while others like Little Caesars Pizza had a shake on for their Garlic Fingers if I remember correctly. Others like to Salt their Pizzas or drizzle Hot Sauce. Some ideas are below for a Pizza Shake to top off your Naan Pizza as soon as they come out of the Oven.
- Chili Flakes, Aleppo, Isot Peppers, Chili Powder, Black or White Pepper, Cayenne Pepper
- Parmesan, Parmigiano Reggiano, Romano, Asiago and other varieties
- Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Marjoram
- Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Paprika, Aniseed Powder, Fennel Powder, Dry Mustard, and Onions Seeds or Black Seeds.
One of my Favorite combinations is Parmesan & Romano with Parsley, Aleppo and Onion Seeds. Onion Seeds works exceptionally well at adding flavor on top of melted Cheese just by itself or with other Cheeses.
How to Cook Naan Pizza
It’s extremely easy and quick to make Naan Pizzas. Start by preheating the oven to 450 F with the rack in middle position or one notch above. Prep your Sauces, Toppings and Cheese.
Sauce it up
Place the Naan Breads on a baking sheet and sauce them up.
For the Naan Garlic Fingers, brush with Aioli Garlic Butter and sprinkle on top any Herbs. This one uses Dill weed. Or Brush with the Garlic Finger Sauce.
For the Pizza, spread out the Pizza Sauce or Brush with Aioli Garlic Butter or Garlic Finger Sauce and then the Pizza Sauce.
Sprinkle that Mozzarella Cheese blend. For the Naan Pizza, the toppings can go under or on top of the Cheese, whichever you prefer. With Garlic Fingers you can add some bacon Bits.
Into the oven for 5 minutes. Optionally broil the top for color if needed at the last minute.
How to cut Naan Pizza
You can cut these any way you like. Into strips or large pieces, ends chopped off to create a square slice, sliced in half lengthwise and then into triangles or squares for tiny slices of Naan Pizza Bites.
Pizza Slice Naan Pizza
Sliced Naan Pizza creating a Pizza slice and a two Semi Circles like a Mini Pizza.
Naan Garlic Fingers
Turn a Naan Pizza Lunch or Snack into a Meal with a side of Naan Garlic Fingers. These are also just great for a Snack by themselves.
Use the Aioli Garlic Butter with Garlic, Sea Salt or Butter Popcorn Seasoning, Oil & Butter and sprinkle additional Herbs on top after brushing the Naan Bread. Or use the Garlic Finger Sauce that is used for Garlic Fingers with the all of the additional Herbs & Spices added into the Base Aioli Garlic Butter after it has been made.
Basic Naan Garlic Fingers
Slice the Naan Garlic Fingers into strips/ fingers. Serve with a side of Donair Sauce for dipping.
Aioli Garlic Butter
For the best Garlic Spread use a mixture of Aioli & Butter. This offers up so much more flavor than just combining Garlic & Butter. I use this in various amounts for Garlic Fingers and for Garlic Butter.
The cool thing about this recipe is that it is all made up in a jar with an immersion blender, easy to make and store. Use it for Garlic Fingers or to brush Pizza dough before saucing with Pizza Sauce to add extra Flavor. It’s also used in a few other places to bring out that Garlic Flavor.
Spread a generous amount on. Garlic Fingers are suppose to be Greasy Good. Additional Herbs & Spices can be sprinkled on top of the Garlic Fingers. Such as Parsley, Dill Weed, Chives or Green Onions.
Base Aioli Garlic Butter
- 1 Head of Garlic Cloves – peeled
- 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt
- or 1/2 tsp Butter Popcorn seasoning for a more Buttery taste
- 1 Cup Neutral Oil
- 1/2 C Butter – added last after pureeing
How to make Aioli Garlic Butter
The Aioli Garlic Butter is made up in a Jar and refrigerated in that same Jar for storage. Just Quick & Easy.
- Place into a Jar with a mouth opening large enough to fit an immersion blender in, a whole head of peeled Garlic Cloves.
- Add the 1/4 tsp of Salt or 1/2 tsp of Butter Popcorn Seasoning & 1 Cup of Neutral Oil.
- Place the Immersion blender in and puree.
- Add 1/2 C Butter and puree again.
This is the base Aioli Garlic Butter to which additional ingredients can be added for a Garlic Finger Sauce or used as is brushed on with additional Herbs & Spices sprinkled on top.
Garlic Finger Sauce
The Garlic Finger Sauce has additional Items that are added to the Base Aioli Garlic Butter and offers up some really good Flavors for Garlic Fingers. To the Aioli Garlic Butter add in the following and mix well.
- 1 Tbl of Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of Dehydrated Onion & Garlic Flakes with 1 tsp of Chives
- A Chopped Green Onion
- 1/8 tsp Dill Weed & Ground Onion Seeds
Garlic Naan Pizza
The Aioli Garlic Butter or Garlic Finger Sauce can also be brushed on the Naan Pizza before the Pizza Sauce to add extra flavor. It is also used to Brush Fresh out the Pan Naan bread for Garlic Naan Bread.
Garlic Naan Pizza
Naan Bread brushed with Aioli Garlic Butter, Pizza Sauce, Cheese and Pepperoni.
Naan Pizza Dipping Sauces
The Classic Pizzeria Dipping Sauce Trio! Pizza Sauce, Donair Sauce and Garlic Sauce.
Use leftover Pizza Sauce placed into small dipping bowls.
Serve Donair sauce in a small dipping bowl for your Garlic Fingers or Pizza.
Serve Garlic Sauce in a small dipping bowl for your Garlic Fingers or Pizza.
Naan Pizza Ideas
Just as there are many Pizza combinations, you can enjoy many Naan Pizza varieties too. From a Cheeseburger Pizza, Meat Lovers Naan Pizza, Donair Pizza, Vegetable naan Pizza, Buffalo Chicken Pizza, Naan Pizza with the Works and so on.
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Food Processor or Cheese Grater
- Preheat the oven to 450 F with the rack in middle position or one notch above.
- Shred the Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese and toss together in a freezer bag at a ratio of 3:1 Mozzarella & Provolone. Prepare your Sauces and Toppings.
- Place Naan on a Baking Sheet and Sauce with Pizza Sauce. Optionally Brush with Aioli Garlic Butter or Garlic Finger Sauce and then Sauce with Pizza Sauce.Add Cheese first and then your toppings or toppings first and then your cheese. Whichever you prefer.
- Place into the oven to bake for 5 minutes. Optionally broil the top for color if needed at the last minute.
- Take them out, Garnish or add some Pizza Shake and Slice before serving.
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…