Buffalo Chicken Pizza
We’re talking a Hand Tossed Pizza Dough. Sauced with Mild, Medium or Hot Buffalo Sauce. Topped with Mozzarella/ Provolone Cheese Blend, Marinated Diced Chicken, Bacon & Peppers. Optionally, with Ranch Dressing drizzled on top. For a wicked good Buffalo Chicken Pizza, JAH Style, as Mild or Hot as you like.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Components
Using the Hand Tossed Pizza Dough. Make sure the dough has had proper proofing time to get the proper stretch, or if previously made and frozen. Enough time to thaw before making the PIzza.
Hand tossing Pizza Dough is relatively easy, it just takes time. The objective of the hand-tossed pizza is not to touch the crust at all. This allows for a nice airy crust.
Place the Dough ball on the counter covered in cornmeal or cornmeal with a bit of flour.
Press the center of the dough ball down and with your fingertips create the crust around the edge. At the same time, stretching the dough outwards. Pick the Pizza dough up and toss it from one hand to the other with some force to further stretch the Pizza Dough. This also shakes off any excess cornmeal. Lay down on a Pizza Screen or Pan and adjust the shape.
The leftover Cornmeal on the counter can be scooped into a jar and saved for future pizzas.
The Classic Buffalo Sauce mixed at your preferred ratio. Mild, Medium, or Hot. This is the base sauce of the pizza. You can also use some in the Chicken Marinade and on the side for dipping.
The Cheese mix is a blend of Mozzarella Cheese and Provolone Cheese at a ratio of 3:1. It’s a fantastic blend for Pizzas and other dishes where a good melting cheese with added flavor from the Provolone can be used.
Use the marinade from JAH Grilled Chicken Marinade to marinate 1 lb of Diced Chicken Breast. Refrigerate for at least one hour. After which, cook in a skillet over max heat until done or in the oven until done. Set aside to top the PIzza when ready to make.
To Grill the Chicken. Slice the Chicken in half horizontal for thinner Chicken Breast and marinate. Grill and then dice.
You can also drizzle in a small amount of Buffalo Sauce to toss with the Chicken and set aside until ready to use, or include some into the marinade.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza Toppings
Along with the marinated and cooked Diced Chicken. Top the PIzza off with finely chopped Bacon and a mix of Bell Peppers.
Finely chop the Bacon and cook in the skillet until crisp or oven bake and then finely chopped. Set aside until ready to use. It’s a really nice addition to this style of PIzza.
Topping Sauce for Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Ranch Dressing squeezed over the Pizza is a really nice addition to Buffalo Chicken PIzza. Blue Cheese Dip can be used as well or served on the side.
The Buffalo pizza below was one I made after Thanksgiving. It uses leftover Turkey, Leeks, or Green Onions and Diced Peppers with Ranch or Caesar Dressing.
Dipping Sauce for Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Cooking Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Set the Oven to the highest setting it will go. The objective with Pizza is to cook quickly, minimizing water loss. Preferably, with a Pizza Stone.
The Pizza Stone retains heat much longer. If your Pizza is about done, but the bottom is not crisp yet. The pizza can be moved off the screen or pan and directly on the Pizza stone, which will crisp the bottom up in about 1 minute. Then place back unto the Pizza Screen or Pan.
If the Top is not coloring efficiently, then place the oven on broil.
Placing the Pizza on the Pizza Stone or Broiling are adjustments that are made for homemade pizzas. I usually place my oven rack 1 notch above the lowest setting. There are a lot of factors that can affect the cook time and browning. These Adjustments are sometimes necessary. In general, it should only take about 5 – 6 minutes to cook the pizza.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 Pizza Screen or Pan
- 1 Pizza Stone
- Dice Chicken and add to the Marinade for one hour. Prepare the Buffalo Sauce and set aside. Cook the Chicken & Bacon until done. Prep the Toppings.
- Preheat the oven to the Highest setting, preferably with a Pizza Stone, and allow to maintain heat for a bit before cooking the pizza.
- Stretch the Pizza Dough out on a Cornmeal surface, shake off any excess cornmeal, and place the dough on a Pizza Screen or Pan. Sauce with Buffalo Sauce and top with Cheese Blend, mixed Peppers, Bacon, Cooked Diced Chicken.
- Bake in the oven for about 5 minutes, turning it around at about 3 minutes. Optionally broil the top if needed for color and more browning, or place directly on the Pizza Stone if more crusting of the bottom is needed.
- Slice the Pizza and Drizzle Ranch Dressing over top if desired. Garnish with Parsley & Chili Flakes. Serve with Dipping Sauce.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…