Cheeseburger Pizza with Beef, Bacon, and Onions delivered on a Classic Hand Tossed Pizza Dough. For Pickle Lovers, add some Pickles to the Pizza. Then top it off with a Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese Blend with a bit of Cheddar Cheese.
Cheeseburger Pizza Toppings
The Cheeseburger Pizza always consists of Ground Beef, Onions, and Bacon. Add other ingredients such as Mushrooms, Dill Pickles, and diced Tomatoes if desired.
Cook Ground Beef in a pan with some Soy Sauce and/or Worcestershire, covered with a lid. Break it down while cooking into desired chunks. When halfway done, cook uncovered until just done.
Chop the bacon into tiny pieces to create Bacon Bits. Cook this with a lid on as well initially which helps create that Pizzeria texture. Once it’s almost done, remove the lid and cook until desired crispness. Strain off the grease and save that for other recipes or use the bacon grease to brush the crust.
You could also chop these into 1-inch strips and fry or bake in the oven, like the Old Style Pizzerias.
Chop the onions any way you prefer. Optionally use a combination of Onions, combining Yellow, White, Red Onions. Use Green Onions to Garnish if desired.
Cheeseburger Pizza Sauce
Use any kind of Pizza Sauce. The key thing really is to add Ketchup to the Pizza Sauce. Not too much, just a small amount to lift the flavors, barely noticeable. Optionally with Beef Broth to up the beef flavors.
Quick Tomato Sauce
Standard Pizza Sauce
Use Pizza Sauce mixed with a small amount of Ketchup. Optionally add Beef Broth.
Tomato Soup Pizza Sauce
Cheeseburger Pizza Cheese
For Pizzas, nothing beats the blend of Mozzarella & Provolone at a 3:1 ratio. Here, however, we also include cheddar cheese. It really offers up the right sharpness for this style of Pizza. Use a high moisture mozzarella cheese. Optionally use a three Cheese blend that contains cheddar cheese for this type of Pizza.
Everything Bagel Crusted Pizza
The Bagel Wash is made up of baked Baking soda & water that is brushed onto the dough before cooking and is optional.
To make the baked baking soda, place 1 Cup of baking Soda on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour at 250 F. This causes a chemical reaction that makes the baking soda highly alkaline.
Careful handling this. The highly alkaline powder can cause irritation.
Use 1 tsp of baked Baking Soda with 2-4 tsp of Water depending on how dark you want the product. The amount of heat and the duration affect browning as well. Since Pizza cooks up much faster than other items, a stronger solution is desired to achieve good browning.
- Pizza Stone – optional but preferrable
- Pizza Screen or Pan
- 1 Med-Large Hand Tossed Pizza Dough
- 1 ladle Pizza Sauce - – See Notes
- 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 small Onion - – Diced
- 4 strips Bacon - – or more Chopped in small bits
- 1 C Mozzarella Cheese Blend with Cheddar - – See notes
- Everything Bagel Seasoning - – Optional
- Preheat the oven as high as it will go preferably with a pizza stone and prepare the toppings.
- Stretch the Pizza Dough out on a floured/cornmeal surface and place unto a Pizza Screen or Pan.
- Optionally Brush with Garlic Sauce and ladle pizza sauce on. Sprinkle Everything Bagel Seasoning on the crust if desired. Place any toppings under and/or over the cheese. Place into the oven to cook until done, about 5-6 minutes.
- At 4-5 minutes, remove the pizza from the screen or pan and place it directly on the Pizza stone. If the top needs more color, place the oven on broil. Transfer the Pizza Back on the Pizza Screen or Pan and remove from the oven.
Cheese BlendMozzarella Cheese Blend is a Mix of High Moisture Mozzarella Cheese and Provolone Cheese at a ratio of 3:1. For this recipe mix this with a bit of Shredded Cheddar Cheese.
Pizza SauceUse any of the below pizza sauces
Garlic SauceUse Garlic Sauce to dip the pizza in. Brush the Pizza Dough with it and season the crust with Everything Bagel Seasoning before cooking!
- Salt and Pepper FriesSalt and Pepper Fries with a hit of Tang! It’s a very simple Fry Seasoning that can be used on Deep Fried or Air Fried French Fries. Add as little or as much as desired over the Fries. Salt and Pepper Seasoning The ratio is…
- Butter Popcorn SeasoningThis post is to give you a spark of curiosity. We are talking about Butter Popcorn Seasoning as an ingredient for everyday cooking. Yes, it is used for more than just seasoning Popcorn. Knowing that this can be used in various amounts anywhere the desire…
- Tandoori SaladTandoori Salad consists of mixed Vegetables and a simple Tandoori Dressing that is really just to good. It creates this nice red colored dressing that is sweet and very good to eat. Add Tandoori marinated Chicken for a Tandoori Chicken Salad. Stuff the Salad into…