What makes the Donair Pizza so good? Well for starters it’s the Spicy Seasoned Meat with that Sweet Sauce, that is just an awesome combination. But to combine this into a Pizza and get the best of both worlds. Fantastic!
Then you get that donair sauce under the meat that takes on a new texture when cooked. For me, this is sought after. You won’t get that with fake donair sauce.
You will elevate this to a whole new level with a Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese Blend. The Cheese is absolutely the best with Donairs. Cheese and then more donair sauce to top it all off. Use a Cheese mix of a High Moisture Mozzarella Cheese often used in Restaurants, mixed with Shredded Provolone at a ratio of 3:1.
Authentic Halifax Style Donair Pizza
Use the Classic hand-tossed Pizza Dough. This needs a full day at least to age.
Donair Pizza Ingredients
Make sure you have the following ready to go.
- Donair Meat
- Donair Sauce
- Hand Tossed Pizza Dough – any size you want. I am using 610 g.
- Cheese – 3:1 Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese
- Diced Onions & Tomatoes. Optionally Some lettuce.
- Oven preheated as high as it will go with a pizza stone.
Donair Pizza with Garlic Butter
Garlic Butter brushed on the Dough before saucing will add extra flavor and really up the Garlic taste that pairs up so well. Brush it on generously right out the to edge including the crust.
Toppings under or on top
Place the Cheese on top. Placing the Donair meat under the cheese protects the donair meat from overcooking and assist in keeping everything together when eating.
Place diced Onions & Tomatoes under or on top of the Cheese. Placing it under the Cheese will help keep everything together. More Onions & Tomatoes can be placed on top after the Pizza has cooked. Some will also add lettuce.
Donair Pizza Garnishing
Garnish with Parsley & Chili Flakes to up the heat a bit. Diced Tomatoes & Onions along with Lettuce can also be added on top with a drizzle of Donair Sauce.
- Pizza Pan or Screen
- Pizza Stone
- Preheat the Oven the highest it will go preferably with a Pizza Stone. Prepare the Made Pizza Dough by stretching out on Floured or Cornmeal Surface
- Sauce with Donair Sauce and Top with Halifax Style Donair Meat. Optionally with Diced Tomatoes and Onions cooked with the Pizza or added at the end. You can do both if you'd like. Then Cover with Cheese. Place into oven and cook until done. About 5 – 6 minutes.
- Top with more Diced Onions and Tomatoes and optionally Lettuce. Place Donair Sauce in a Squeeze bottle and squeeze across the pizza. Garnish with Parsley and Aleppo Pepper or Chili Flakes.
- Pineapple ChickenChinese Pineapple Chicken that is better than any takeout. When you need your fix for some Chinese Food, this is one of those dishes. It’s a nice change up from the Classic Chinese Red Sweet & Sour Chicken Balls. It’s just so good. The Chicken…
- Chocolate Caramel Banana MilkshakeThis Milkshake has the addictive flavor combination of Chocolate & Caramel blended up into a Milkshake with Bananas and more Syrup drizzled on top for a Sweet Chocolate Caramel Banana Milkshake. It’s a blended Chocolate Caramel Banana Split! Chocolate Caramel Banana Milkshake Ingredients Made with…
- Party PizzaThis Sheet Pan Pizza or Party Pizza will make about 18 slices of Pizza per Tray! Double it up and place both into the oven side by side to get 36 slices of Pizza. Instead of two Party Pizzas, you can make one a Pizza…