What makes the Donair Pizza so good? Well for starters it’s the Spicy Seasoned Meat with that Sweet Sauce, that is just an awesome combination. But to combine this into a Pizza and get the best of both worlds. Fantastic!
Then you get that donair sauce under the meat that takes on a new texture when cooked. For me, this is sought after. You won’t get that with fake donair sauce.
You will elevate this to a whole new level with a Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese Blend. The Cheese is absolutely the best with Donairs. Cheese and then more donair sauce to top it all off. Use a Cheese mix of a High Moisture Mozzarella Cheese often used in Restaurants, mixed with Shredded Provolone at a ratio of 3:1.
Authentic Halifax Style Donair Pizza
Use the Classic hand-tossed Pizza Dough. This needs a full day at least to age.
Donair Pizza Ingredients
Make sure you have the following ready to go.
- Donair Meat
- Donair Sauce
- Hand Tossed Pizza Dough – any size you want. I am using 610 g.
- Cheese – 3:1 Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese
- Diced Onions & Tomatoes. Optionally Some lettuce.
- Oven preheated as high as it will go with a pizza stone.
Donair Pizza with Garlic Butter
Garlic Butter brushed on the Dough before saucing will add extra flavor and really up the Garlic taste that pairs up so well. Brush it on generously right out the to edge including the crust.
Toppings under or on top
Place the Cheese on top. Placing the Donair meat under the cheese protects the donair meat from overcooking and assist in keeping everything together when eating.
Place diced Onions & Tomatoes under or on top of the Cheese. Placing it under the Cheese will help keep everything together. More Onions & Tomatoes can be placed on top after the Pizza has cooked. Some will also add lettuce.
Donair Pizza Garnishing
Garnish with Parsley & Chili Flakes to up the heat a bit. Diced Tomatoes & Onions along with Lettuce can also be added on top with a drizzle of Donair Sauce.
- Pizza Pan or Screen
- Pizza Stone
- Preheat the Oven the highest it will go preferably with a Pizza Stone. Prepare the Made Pizza Dough by stretching out on Floured or Cornmeal Surface
- Sauce with Donair Sauce and Top with Halifax Style Donair Meat. Optionally with Diced Tomatoes and Onions cooked with the Pizza or added at the end. You can do both if you'd like. Then Cover with Cheese. Place into oven and cook until done. About 5 – 6 minutes.
- Top with more Diced Onions and Tomatoes and optionally Lettuce. Place Donair Sauce in a Squeeze bottle and squeeze across the pizza. Garnish with Parsley and Aleppo Pepper or Chili Flakes.
- Iced CappEnjoy a Creamy Cold Refreshing Iced Capp at home any time. It’s a Coffee on Ice with additional ingredients to get those unique Flavors. I am still messing around with the ratios. But find this to be pretty close to Tim Hortons Iced Capp. Tim…
- Pasta PitasPasta Pitas are just something else! Brushed with Garlic Butter & sauced with Pasta Meat Sauce. Topped with torn Provolone Cheese for a Deliciously Greasy Treat. Oven baked, garnished and served. These are a very convenient snack right after making some Pasta Sauce using the…
- Pasta SauceRagu style Pasta Sauce simmered for 2 hours or more to develop the concentrated flavors for your favorite Pasta dishes. Made from Tomatoes & Juice, Soffritto, Tomato Paste, with a nice blend of Herbs & Spices and a lot of Basil. Resulting in a Delicious…