Chicken Wings coated in JFC Frickin Good Chicken Breading before being deep-fried at 350 F for about 10 -12 minutes. Kentucky Fried Chicken Style Wings! Serve these up with various dips and sides or toss the Chicken Wings in Sauce and Serve.
Side Tidbit: Did you know that Colonel Sander’s favorite Chicken piece was the Wing.
Pick up your wings when they are on sale. In my area, they go for 2.99 and occasionally go for 1.99 per lb. rarely but it does happen at .99 an lb. Your Local Cash & Carry will have these by the Box full which are usually cheaper than buying a few lbs. here and there.
Depending on size, there are about 12 – 14 pieces in 1 lb. on avg.
The Wings are significantly smaller than full pieces of chicken. Because of this, you don’t really have to Season the Wings or Marinate. Although you could if you wanted to and there are a few options in the Marinade section below.
Whole JFC Chicken Wings
With Split wings you should be able to fit about 1 lbs. of Wings into each Basket. Whole Chicken Wings will fit less, about 4-5 per basket.
Chicken Wings Marinade
Water is all that is really needed. Just dip the Wings in Water before coating with JFC Breading. You can add some Salt to the Wings to add some Seasoning.
Salt & Wash
Use 1 tsp of Kosher Salt for every 1 lb. of Chicken wings. Mix well and refrigerate for 1 hour. After which wash the Wings with Water before breading or wash the Wings and strain, then place into the Egg wash below. Either way is fine and is the quick way to prepare the Wings.
Use 1 Egg & 3 Tablespoons of water.
First, whisk the Eggs until fluffy. Then whisk the mixture again with the added water. Add the Wings and mix well. Refrigerate until ready to bread.
Fried Chicken Marinade
Another option is to marinate the wings in the following. This is the go to way when preparing Fried Chicken Pieces and I often use this method for Wings too.
Marinate in the fridge for an hour. Then move the Chicken from the Marinade straight to the JFC Breading. Press the breading in and shake off any excess flour.
Fried Chicken Marinade
- 1/2 C Water
- 1 Chicken Maggi Bouillon Cube
- 1/2 tsp MSG
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
The Breading used is JFC ~ Frickin Good Chicken Breading. This is used for the main breading of the Wings right before they go into the deep fryer.
However you prepare the Wings, the final stage is to bread the Wings. Toss one at a time into the bowl of JFC Breading and toss to coat. Then press the breading into the Wings and shake off any excess flour. Set it aside on a baking tray until all the Wings are breaded.
Deep Frying Chicken Wings
Once the Wings are coated and the deep fryer is at 350 F. The Wings go in to cook for 10 -12 minutes. I do 2 lb. at a time, 1 lb. per basket.
Give it a bit of a Shake when they go into the Oil to separate them a bit and ensure that each Wing gets coated in the Hot Oil immediately before the breading starts to crisp.
Chicken Wings DIPPING SAUCE
Serve the Chicken Wings with some dipping sauce!
- Pappy BBQ Sauce or toss the wings in a bit of the BBQ Sauce
- Berry BBQ Sauce
- Melted Buffalo Wing Sauce
- Ranch Dressing
- Blue Cheese Dip
- Honey Mustard
- Mild Mayo Sauce
Sauced & Tossed Chicken Wings
Sauce & Toss the wings in your favorite sauce or serve the sauce on the side. More ideas to come as I find different sauces that work well with JFC Breaded Chicken Wings.
CHICKEN WING SIDES
Turn the JFC Chicken Wings into a Wing Platter with the addition of some sides.
- Homemade French Fries
- Macaroni Salad, or even a Caesar or Ranch Salad
- The classic Celery & Carrot Sticks
- 1 Deep Fryer
- 2 Bowls – One for marinating the Chicken if desired and another for breading
- 1 Baking Tray – To place the wings on before Deep Frying
- 3-4 lb Chicken Wings
- 1 1/2 C JFC Frickin Good Chicken Breading - or more if needed
- 1 Marinade - See notes
- Prepare the Wings with your choice of Marinade. When ready to cook, heat the deep fryer up to 350 F.
- Coat each Wing with JFC Breading and press the breading into the Wings. Shake off any excess flour and place on a baking tray until all the Wings are breaded.
- Deep fry the Wings for 10 – 12 minutes. Remove them from the fryer and allow to cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
MarinadeIn all cases season or marinate the Wings in the fridge for 1 hour before breading. Option 1: Add 1 tsp of Kosher Salt per 1 lb of Wings. Right before breading, wash the wings with water and go straight to Breading or use the Egg Wash below before breading. Option 2: Whisk 1 egg until Fluffy, Add 3 Tbl of Cold Water, and Whisk again. Add Chicken Wings and toss. Toss again right before breading. Option 3: Dissolve 1 Chicken Maggi Bouillon Cube in 1/2 C hot water. Add 1/2 tsp Sea Salt and 1/2 tsp MSG. Add the Wings when the marinade has cooled down and marinate. Bread straight from the marinade.
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…