Rotisserie Seasoned Wings
Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Wings resulting in very nice lightly seasoned, juicy, and Crisp fried wings. Dusted with Baking Powder, Cornstarch, and JAH Rotisserie Seasoning. Deep-fried and served with a variety of dipping sauces.
They’re a very tasty treat and unique wings, since the dipping sauce that goes with them is gravy-based. Although a whole bunch of other dipping sauces can be served with these wings too.
Portion the Wings out to about 1 lb of Chicken Wings per person.
Pick up a box of these at your local Cash & Carry. Which are usually a lot cheaper than buying a package of maybe 1-2 lb at the grocery store.
I usually source mine from a Local Meat Shop that has these on sale frequently for 1.99 CAD per lb and sometimes at .99 CAD per lb.
JAH Rotisserie Seasoning
For this recipe, we include it in the dusting for the Chicken wings before deep-frying them.
DUSTED CHICKEN WING
For each 1 lb of fully thawed Chicken wings, toss with the below to dust the chicken wings and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more. This allows for the dusting to get fully absorbed in and affect the skin for better crisping.
- JAH Rotisserie Seasoning – 1 Tbl
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Cornstarch – 1 tsp
Coat evenly and ensure all of the dusting has been picked up by the wings.
DEEP FRYING WINGS
I have a double basket Deep Fryer, so I do 1 lb per basket. Deep-Fried at 350 F for 10 – 12 minutes. Shake the Basket when you place them in and again after a few seconds to ensure separation of the wings. Depending on the size of your deep fryer, you may have to do these in batches.
Since these are Rotisserie Seasoned Wings and that same rotisserie seasoning is used for St Huberts Style Chicken as well as Swiss Chalet Style Chicken. Both Sauces/Gravies can be used as a dipping sauce for Rotisserie Seasoned Wings.
Combine all of the below ingredients together and bring to a boil.
- 3 C Water
- 3 blocks Maggi Chicken Block or 6 tsp Chicken Broth Powder
- 1/4 C Chicken Fat or other form of fat
- 1/4 C Tomato Juice or V8 Juice
- 3 Tbl Cornstarch
- Add 1 Tbl Potato Starch – if you want a Thicker Gravy Sauce
- 2 Tbl HP Sauce
- 1 Tbl Ketchup and Vinegar
- 1 tsp JAH Rotisserie Seasoning & Vegetable Broth Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Bay Leaves or 2-3 Bay leaves
Combine all the ingredients together in a pot and bring to a boil.
- 1 Chicken Maggi Bouillon cube
- 2 C Water
- 1 Tbl Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Tbl Tomato Juice
- 2 Tbl Rendered Chicken Fat
- 1 Tbl Potato Starch
- 1 tsp JAH Rotisserie Seasoning and Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Marjoram
- 1/4 tsp Ground Tarragon, Rosemary & MSG
- 1/8 tsp Citric Acid, Salt, Black & White Pepper
Other dipping sauces can be served with these wings too.
Rotisserie Seasoned Wings
- Deep Fryer
- 2 lb Chicken Wings
Chicken Wing Dusting per 1 lb of Wings
- 1 Tbl JAH Rotisserie Seasoning
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- Combine the dusting ingredients and sprinkle over the Wings in a large pot and toss really well. Ensure that each piece is evenly coated and that all of the dusting has been picked up by the wings.
- Refrigerate the Wings for 30 minutes or longer.While the Wings are resting, prepare any dipping Sauces and set aside.
- Deep Fry the Wings at 350 F for 10 – 12 minutes. Let rest and serve with dipping sauce.