JFC Popcorn Chicken
Make a Bucket of JFC Popcorn Chicken to snack on or include them in dishes like the Famous Bowl with the mashed potatoes or swap out the Mashed Potatoes for some store bought or Homemade French Fries for a JFC Popcorn Chicken Poutine.
KFC makes their popcorn chicken in 9-inch x .9 inch bite-size pieces or about 1 inch. Slice the Chicken breast up into roughly the same size and marinate. You should get around 30 – 40 pieces.
Use a Large Chicken Breast (a little over 1 lb). Slice the chicken breast into 1-inch strips and then chop the strips down into 1-inch portions. A bit smaller or larger is perfectly fine.
Popcorn Chicken Marinade
Depending on what style of popcorn chicken you want, use either the Fried Chicken Marinade for KFC Style or the Popeyes Marinade for Popeyes Style. Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes, while the deep fryer is heating up. Then go straight to breading in JFC Frickin Good Chicken Breading.
KFC Style Popcorn Chicken
The Fried Chicken Marinade outlined below is my go-to for marinating any type of chicken for fried chicken. After the chicken has marinated for 30 minutes, they go straight to the breading.
- 1/2 C Water
- 1 Chicken Maggi Bouillon Cube (dissolved in the water)
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt & MSG
Popeyes Style Popcorn chicken
Use the Popeyes Style marinade to marinate the chicken. This creates a slightly thicker batter when breading, which will use up more JFC Breading. Add in some extra heat with Sriracha or other Hot Sauce for Spicy Popcorn Chicken.
Breading JFC Popcorn Chicken
For KFC Style Popcorn Chicken I use about 1/2 a pouch. For Popeyes Style Popcorn chicken, a whole pouch is needed as it absorbs more breading.
Either one you choose, move the chicken a few at a time into the bowl filled with JFC Frickin Good Chicken Breading while you are shaking the bowl with the other hand. Toss them around gently if doing Popeyes, you want the crevices. With KFC Style you can press the breading in.
Scoop them out and toss to shake off any excess breading. Repeat until all chicken is breaded.
Some of the chicken may go flat from breading or pressing the breading in. Squeeze or plump them up so that they are a round shape. More so for the KFC Style, not so much with the Popeyes style.
Deep Frying Popcorn Chicken
Place all of the Popcorn Chicken into the Deep Fryer Basket with the deep fryer preheated at 350 F. Lower the basket in and give it a shake to avoid any pieces getting stuck together. Deep Fry for 7 – 10 minutes or until golden crisp and there is no more steam being released. Lift the Basket up and shake to get rid of any excess grease and transfer to a plate.
Freezer Popcorn Chicken
Make a big batch of these and then lay them out on a baking sheet to freeze. Once frozen, place the popcorn chicken into a Ziploc bag to freeze and have popcorn chicken on demand. Just take however many you want out and reheat them in the oven or air fryer at 400 F until heated through and crisp.
Saucy Popcorn Chicken
JFC Popcorn Chicken Dishes
AKA Chicken and the Corn is Mashed Potatoes, Corn Kernels, Cheese, Gravy, and Popcorn Chicken.
- JFC Popcorn Chicken Poutine , just add Popcorn Chicken.
- Served up with Fries and optionally JFC Onion Rings and/or JFC Cauliflower.
- Served alongside wings for boneless wings coated in the same sauce for the wings.
JFC Popcorn Chicken
- Deep Fryer
- 1 Large Chicken Breast - – Little over 1 lb for 30 – 40 pieces
- 1 portion Marinade - – See Notes
- As Needed JFC Frickin Good Chicken Breading
- Preheat the deep fryer to 350 F.
- Dice the Chicken Breast into about 1-inch portions. Add them to the marinade of your choice and marinate for 30 minutes.Fried Chicken Marinade for KFC Style or Popeyes Marinade for Popeyes Style.
- Place JFC Breading into a Large Bowl and add the Chicken a few pieces at a time, while at the same time shaking the bowl to ensure they get well coated in the breading. Toss them around about 20 times. Remove them and shake off any excess breading and repeat until all the chicken is breaded.
- Place them into the Deep Fryer and give them a shake to ensure none of them get stuck together. Deep Fry for 7 – 10 minutes or until golden crisp and no more steam is being released.
- Lift the Basket up and shake to get rid of any excess grease and transfer to a plate to cool.
Fried Chicken Marinade
- 1/2 C Water
- 1 Chicken Maggi Bouillon Cube
- 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt & MSG
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…