Tomato Soup Pizza Sauce
It’s a fairly quick Tomato Soup Pizza Sauce made from Quick Tomato Soup as the base sauce with a bit of Ketchup and some Pizza seasoning. It is a very good sauce that allows the toppings and their flavors to come to the foreground.
This recipe is my interpretation of Greco’s Style Pizza sauce. For me, Greco’s Pizza sauce is flat and kind of dull. This recipe uses the same idea of combining Tomato Soup & Ketchup with Pizza Seasoning to create a robust and more flavorful pizza sauce. It’s very good for the Cheeseburger Pizza or Oven Sub and Frozen Mini Pizzas too.
Greco Pizza Sauce Ingredients
Ingredients: Water, tomato paste, sugar, canola oil, modified cornstarch, salt, spices, garlic powder, citric acid, propylene glycol, xanthan gum, sodium benzoate
Quick Tomato Soup
Quick Tomato Soup is the base sauce in this style of Pizza Sauce. Add Ketchup with Pizza Herbs & Spices.
If using this for the Cheeseburger Pizza or the Cheeseburger Oven Sub, add 1 Beef Maggi Bouillon Cube to up the beefy flavors, if you’d like.
Ketchup in Pizza Sauce
Ketchup may not be in the recipe listing for Grecos Pizza but is unmistakenly tasted in the sauce, especially with the Cheeseburger Oven sub. This discovery is what lead to the creation of my version of a Cheeseburger Oven Sub, which is one of the products that Greco does a really nice job on.
It could be that the Tomato Paste, Water, Citric Acid along with the spices is what creates the ketchup flavor.
Add a small amount of Ketchup. It isn’t much, almost unnoticeable, just to lift the flavors a bit. I tend to stick with French’s Ketchup or Heinz Chili Sauce.
Pizza Sauce Thickener
Add Cornstarch to assist in thickening the Tomato Soup and give some viscosity to the sauce. This is added along with the rest of the cold ingredients and brought to a boil just until the sauce thickens.
Pizza Sauce Seasoning
Salt & Pepper with Garlic Powder. After this, the sauce is open for interpretation.
The base sauce is already established with Tomato Soup & Ketchup with cornstarch to thicken. Add any additional Herbs & Spices you see fit. Common Pizza Seasonings are below. Add to taste.
Tomato Soup Pizza Sauce
- 1 1/2 C Water
- 1/2 C Tomato Paste - – Good Quality / double concentrate
- 2 Tbl Butter
- 1 Tbl Ketchup
- 2 tsp White Sugar & Cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt, Basil, Oregano, Thyme, Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper - – or more
- Combine All ingredients together in a Saucepot. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil over max heat, stirring often.
- Once thickened, remove from heat and let cool.
- Salt and Pepper FriesSalt and Pepper Fries with a hit of Tang! It’s a very simple Fry Seasoning that can be used on Deep Fried or Air Fried French Fries. Add as little or as much as desired over the Fries. Salt and Pepper Seasoning The ratio is…
- Butter Popcorn SeasoningThis post is to give you a spark of curiosity. We are talking about Butter Popcorn Seasoning as an ingredient for everyday cooking. Yes, it is used for more than just seasoning Popcorn. Knowing that this can be used in various amounts anywhere the desire…
- Tandoori SaladTandoori Salad consists of mixed Vegetables and a simple Tandoori Dressing that is really just to good. It creates this nice red colored dressing that is sweet and very good to eat. Add Tandoori marinated Chicken for a Tandoori Chicken Salad. Stuff the Salad into…