Quick Tomato Sauce
Quick Tomato Sauce is a Flavorful Multi-Purpose Tomato-Based Sauce that can be used for certain Pasta Bakes and various Pasta Dishes. Cheeseburger Oven Subs, Pizza Oven Subs and Pizza, Twisty Bread, and more. It’s a Sauce that packs some flavor with a high note. The sauce is ready in as little as 10 minutes.
Quick Tomato Sauce Instructions
Combine Broth, Crushed Tomatoes and Ketchup with the above seasoning. Set aside
On medium heat, Heat the oil and Tomato Paste. Mix well and continue to cook until the Oil starts to separate again. About 5 Minutes.
Create a fond on the bottom of the pan that will be lifted up when we add the sauce for more flavor.
Add the Liquid and Mix. Turn the heat to max. Bring to Boil.
I use one Maggi Bouillon Cubes which are superior in taste as far as broths go in my opinion. Along with 2 Cups of water for the Broth.
Use Chicken Broth for a lighter Sauce or Vegetable Broth for a no meat-based sauce.
I use Crushed Tomatoes although you can use JAH Pizza Sauce base as well, depending on what dish this sauce will be used in.
If using the Pizza Sauce Base then don’t add the salt in this recipe as the Pizza Sauce base will already contain the salt. The Basil however can be included or omitted. I usually include more of it. It just works so well with Tomatoes.
Freezing Quick Tomato Sauce
The Sauce freezes well too. Just place into Ziploc Bags and freeze in 1 cup to 2 cup portions. Any time you want pasta place the frozen Sauce into a saucepan and cover. Turn the heat to medium and let thaw. Ready in about 10 minutes.
Quick Tomato Sauce
- 2 C Beef Broth or other Broth
- 2 C Crushed Tomatoes or Pizza Sauce Base
- 1/2 C Tomato Paste
- 1/4 C Ketchup
- 1/4 C Oil
- 1 Tbl Basil, Onion Powder, Parsley, Sugar
- 1/2 Tbl Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Aleppo Pepper, Oregano, Savory
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Pepper to taste
- Combine Seasoning and add to Broth, Crushed Tomatoes and Ketchup and set aside.
- In a Skillet on medium heat Combine Oil & Tomato Paste and Cook until the Oil starts to separate. About 5 minutes.
- Add the set aside bowl and Bring to Boil on max heat. Reduce Heat and Simmer 3-5 minutes. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Iced CappEnjoy a Creamy Cold Refreshing Iced Capp at home any time. It’s a Coffee on Ice with additional ingredients to get those unique Flavors. I am still messing around with the ratios. But find this to be pretty close to Tim Hortons Iced Capp. Tim…
- Pasta PitasPasta Pitas are just something else! Brushed with Garlic Butter & sauced with Pasta Meat Sauce. Topped with torn Provolone Cheese for a Deliciously Greasy Treat. Oven baked, garnished and served. These are a very convenient snack right after making some Pasta Sauce using the…
- Pasta SauceRagu style Pasta Sauce simmered for 2 hours or more to develop the concentrated flavors for your favorite Pasta dishes. Made from Tomatoes & Juice, Soffritto, Tomato Paste, with a nice blend of Herbs & Spices and a lot of Basil. Resulting in a Delicious…