Taco Bell Style Tacos
Taco Bell Style Tacos! More specifically, Taco Seasoned Ground Beef with that Taco Bell texture. For the Taco Seasoning, Use 1 pack of Old El Paso Taco Seasoning per 1 lb. of Ground Beef.
TACO BELL Seasoned Beef INGREDIENTS
Beef, water, seasoning [cellulose, chili pepper, maltodextrin, salt, oats (contains wheat), soy lecithin, spices, tomato powder, sugar, onion powder, citric acid, natural flavors (including smoke flavor), torula yeast, cocoa, disodium inosinate & guanylate, dextrose, lactic acid, modified corn starch], salt, sodium phosphates. Contains: Soy, Wheat
OLD EL PASO Taco Seasoning INGREDIENTS
Chili Pepper, Maltodextrin, Salt, Onion Powder, Spice, Corn Starch, Sea Salt (Potassium Magnesium Chloride, Salt). Contains 2% Or Less Of: Vegetable Oil (Canola, High Oleic Soybean And/Or Sunflower Oil), Corn Flour, Silicon Dioxide (Anticaking Agent), Citric Acid, Sugar, Natural Flavor.
The Old El Paso Taco Kits are great and contain both the Hard & Soft Shell with the Red Taco Sauce.
Taco Meat Ingredients
This Taco minced meat is made up of Ground Beef, Water, Oats with Taco Seasoning and Tomato Juice added in. Optionally with Apple Cider Vinegar. Combined in such a way to get that texture of a Taco Meat that is very much like Taco Bell.
Taco minced Meat
Combine the below and mix well until all the liquid is absorbed.
- 1 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1/2 C Water or Beef Broth
- 3 Tbl Whole Oats
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar – optional
Use 1 lbs. of a lean or medium Ground Beef. Combine with water, which will cause the meat to break down and take on a paste-like consistency. Almost like a Refried Bean texture.
Add 3 Tbl of Quick Oats per 1 lbs. of Ground Beef to achieve the same texture. The Oats offer water absorption and texture contrast, as well as being a filler.
Add Water to the raw Ground Beef and mix well until fully absorbed. This creates a minced meat that is ideal for a Taco Bell style meat. Use about 1/2 C of Water per 1 lbs. of Beef.
Some form of Acid will definitely lift the flavors up and while optional, I really love what it contributes. Add in about 1 tsp to 1/2 Tbl of Apple Cider Vinegar per 1 lbs. of ground beef. I’d imagine Lemon or Lime juice would work too, but haven’t tested it.
Taco Meat Add ins
Optionally add Onions, Garlic, Tomatoes, Chiles, Peppers, one or more Tablespoons of Refried Beans to the meat mixture or as a condiment when assembling the Tacos. I find the refried Beans to help in the texture and often add it in whenever I have it on hand.
Taco Serving Size
There are about 2 ounces or about 55-60 g of meat for one portion for either the hard or soft shell tacos. With 1 lb of Taco Meat, you should be able to get about 8 Tacos.
Taco Bell Original Beef Taco
Original Beef Tacos, optionally with some Red Taco Sauce.
Homemade Taco Bell Original Beef
It is a portion of Ground Beef (60g) on a crunchy Taco Shell. Then add Lettuce, Cheddar Cheese.
Served either on a hard or soft shell. Optionally toast the Hard Shells in the Oven or the Soft Shells in a skillet.
Taco Bell Style Tacos
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 C Water or Broth
- 3 Tbl Whole Oats - Optional
- 2/3 C Tomato Juice
- 1 pack Old El Paso Taco Seasoning - or 3 Tbl of JAH Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar - Optional
- 1-2 Tbl Refried Beans - Optional
- Combine Ground Beef, 1/2 C Water or Broth, Apple Cider Vinegar with Oats and mix really well until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Fry in a skillet over medium-high heat and mix often until all the water has evaporated.
- Add the Taco Seasoning and 2/3 C Tomato Juice and mix. Continue to cook for 3–5 minutes or until thickened and serve using about 2 oz or 55g-60g per Taco.
- Burrito BowlThis Taco Burrito Bowl is made with all the same ingredients used to make a Taco Burrito. All layered in a Plate, Bowl or Tortilla Bowl. Place everything out on the table, so everyone can build their own with some Soda and enjoy a Family … Read more
- Aioli Pork ChopsAioli Pork Chops are just Phenomenal! These Pork Chops are marinated in an Aioli Marinade using the Jar version of it. Where everything is placed into a Jar and puréed with an Immersion Blender. Slow cooked until fork tender. Just as they come out of … Read more
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your … Read more