Red Taco Sauce
If you’re craving a burst of flavor in your Mexican dishes, look no further than this Homemade Red Taco Sauce. This Zesty and versatile sauce can be easily made at home and pairs perfectly with Tacos, Quesadillas, Carnitas, Burritos, and Fajitas.
The best part? You can customize the Heat, Sweetness, or Tang to suit your taste buds. Whether you prefer a mild heat or a fiery kick, A sweeter sauce or with a bit more tang, this sauce is guaranteed to add that extra to your favorite dishes.
What is a Red Taco Sauce
It’s basically a tomato juice-based sauce thickened with added vinegar for some zing. Flavored with Taco Seasoning. That’s it. Pretty simple right.
Old El Paso Taco Sauce
Made with Old El Paso Taco seasoning.
Taco Bell Border Sauce Ingredients
Border Sauce – Mild Tomato purée (tomato paste, water), vinegar, food starch or xanthan gum, salt, chili spices, sugar, natural flavors, potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate (P), maltodextrin, garlic concentrate (contains soy). Contains: Soy [certified vegan].
Taco Bell Red Sauce Ingredients
Red Sauce – Water, seasoning (maltodextrin, modified corn starch, paprika, salt, tomato powder, spices, natural flavors, paprika (VC), onion powder, xanthan gum, malic acid, vitamin C, citric acid, torula yeast). [certified vegan].
Taco Seasoning has some form of starch for slight thickening. Adding more than 1 Tbl will thicken the sauce more. This can be thinned out with more Tomato Juice or Stock.
Condiment Red Taco Sauce
The Condiment type sauce that you use to put on your Tacos is the recipe below. You usually get them in little packets at Taco Bell.
Enchilada Style Sauce
The Enchilada type sauce is made with 1/2 C Tomato Paste and Broth in place of the Tomato Juice and Cornstarch. You can use this as a condiment as well, but it is usually used in places where you will cook with the sauce.
Tomato Juice Substitute
You can substitute the Tomato Juice with 1/4 C of Tomato Paste & 3/4 C of Water. Use this in place of 1 Cup of Tomato Juice.
Red Taco Sauce
- 1 Sauce Pot
- 1 C Tomato Juice
- 1 Tbl Cornstarch
- 1 Tbl Ketchup
- 1 Tbl Taco Seasoning - More or less depending on taste.
- 1/2 Tbl Vinegar - More or less depending on taste.
- 1 tsp Sugar - More or less depending on taste.
- 1 tsp Neutral Oil
- Mix all ingredients together and bring to boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool. Adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…