Steam n Toast Hot Dogs
Steam n Toast Hot Dogs are cooked in a Steamer set and then oven Toasted for the best Crispy, yet Soft Hot Dogs ready to be topped off. With everything done in a Stainless Steel Stack & Steam cookware set. It’s a Steamie & Toastie all in one. These can be on the plate and ready to go in about 10 minutes.
Stainless Steel Stack & Steam Cookware
This cookware set is just perfect for Hot Dogs, especially the Steam n Toast Hot Dogs. I used to use a Pizza Screen on top of a Skillet with a Lid. Now, this cookware set is used to make Steam n Toast Hot dogs. The bottom pan is also nice for cooking in general and to make certain toppings such as Bacon & Onions.
It has a bottom pan that holds the water to Steam or is used to fry the Hot Dogs.
Fitted with a Steamer Basket that is used to Steam the Hot Dog Buns or the Hot Dogs themselves.
The Hot Dogs themselves can be cooked up in various ways from being Boiled, Steamed, Pan Fried, Boiled or Steamed and then Pan Fried.
These are pretty good Hot Dogs. Use your favorite brand.
Hot Dog Buns
The Hot Dogs Buns are steamed for about 1 minute. 30 seconds on one side, slit facing down and flipped over with tongs to steam for another 30 seconds. The Hot Dog Buns are then transferred to a baking sheet to await the Hot Dogs before being Toasted.
Butter the Hot Dog Buns either before or after steaming. Before steaming, you can sometimes open the Hot Dogs Buns up too much or tear them, depending on the freshness of the Hot Dogs Buns. Buttering them after steaming, they are much more pliable and a less chance of opening them up too much. We do the same with Winkies. Where the Bread is first steamed to make the bread more pliable and easy to fold over the Hot Dog without tearing, and then butter them.
Standard Hot Dog Buns
Boiled Hot Dogs
Place Hot Dogs in the bottom pan with about 1 Cup of Water. Heat over max heat for about 4–5 minutes. During the last 1 minute, place the Hot Dog Buns into the steamer to steam for 30 seconds. Flip with tongs and steam another 30 seconds.
Steamed Hot Dogs
Place 1 Cup of Water or so into the bottom Pan. Place the Hot dogs into the Steamer Basket. Steam over max heat for about 4–5 minutes. During the last 1 minute, place the Hot Dog Buns into the Steamer basket to Steam for 30 seconds. Flip with tongs and Steam another 30 seconds.
This is how the Steamie is cooked. Just Steaming the Hot Dogs and Buns.
Fried Hot Dogs
Place about 1 Cup of Water into the bottom pan over max heat. Steam the Hot Dog Buns for about 1 minute, flipping them over halfway through with tongs. Transfer the Buns to a baking sheet and empty the water out. Place 1 Tbl of Oil, Lard, or Bacon Grease into the pan over medium high heat and Fry the Hot Dogs until the desired level of doneness. Rolling them around for even cooking.
You can also place the Hot Dogs into the bottom pan while steaming the Buns. Empty the water out and then Pan Fry the Hot Dogs.
Oven Toasted Buns
After the Buns have been steamed and your Hot Dogs cooked the way you want. Place the Hot Dogs into the Buns and on a baking sheet. Transfer the Hot Dogs to a preheated oven at 450 F to toast for about 4–5 minutes.
It is this Steaming of the Hot Dog Buns and then Toasting in the oven that creates a beautiful Toastie yet Soft Hot Dog that can be topped off with your favorite toppings. It really is my favorite way to enjoy a Hot Dog. Although sometimes I do bounce back and forth from a Soft Steamie or Crisp Toastie.
Air Fryer Toasted Buns
The Hot Dogs can also be toasted in an Air Fryer for about 3 minutes at 400 F or until toasted to your liking.
Steam n Toast Hot Dogs
- 1 Steamer Cookware Set
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Pair of Tongs
- 4 Hot Dogs
- 4 Hot Dog Buns - Buttered
- 1 C Water
- Preheat the oven to 450 F or use the Air Fryer to toast the Hot Dogs at 400 F for about 3 minutes after the Hot Dogs and Buns have been cooked and steamed.
- Place Water into the bottom pan and Hot Dogs into the steamer basket or into the pan with the water. Place over max heat for 5 minutes.
- When 1 minute of cook time remains, place the Hot Dog Buns in the Steamer Basket, slit side down, and Steam for 30 seconds. Flip them over to Steam another 30 seconds. Transfer the Buns to the Baking Sheet.
- Empty the water out and place 1 Tbl of Fat into the pan over medium high heat. Fry the Hot Dogs to the desired level of crispness and place in the Hot Dog Buns.
- Transfer the Hot Dogs to the oven to Toast for 4–5 minutes. Optionally, place into the Air Fryer to toast at 400 F for about 3 minutes. Remove and Top with your Favorite Toppings.
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…