Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
The Cheeseburger Pasta Bake takes all of the ingredients from the Cheeseburger Oven sub and combines it with short pasta for a seriously delicious pasta dish that can be served with a side of Garlic Bread.
We’re talking Beef, Onions, Mushrooms, and Bacon tossed around with Macaroni and JAH Quick Tomato Sauce. Portioned out into 4 single Au Gratin dishes and topped with shredded marble cheese.
Any short pasta will do here. Just Boil the Pasta until just done. Strain and fill the pot back up with cold water and the pasta to stop the cooking process. Strain again before combining with everything else.
This recipe uses 3 cups of short pasta with 1 portion of JAH Quick Tomato Sauce. The Pasta can be cooked on the back burner while you prepare the Fillings.
Cheeseburger Pasta Bake Fillings
The combination of cooked ground Beef, Onions, Mushrooms, and Bacon go in as the filling. These are the same toppings in the Cheeseburger Oven Sub with mushrooms being optional for the sub but included here for the Cheeseburger Pasta Bake.
Have these already cooked and set aside to combine with the Pasta & Quick Tomato Sauce. Place a bowl beside the stove where you can set aside the filling ingredients and cook them as you go.
Start with Bacon, then do the Mushrooms, then the Ground beef, and finally the Onions.
Chop up 8 strips of bacon into small pieces and fry in a Large Skillet or Wok until crispy over medium heat. Remove the Bacon and place it into a bowl that will hold all of your fillings to add to the pasta later.
Leave the bacon grease in the pan. The mushrooms which are what come next will soak this up.
Wash the mushrooms well. Slice and then chop the mushrooms. Throw them into the skillet or wok with the bacon grease and turn the heat up to medium-high to high. Cook for 1 – 2 minutes and empty them out into the set-aside bowl.
Keep the heat on medium-high to high for the ground beef.
Next, add Ground Beef and cook for a few minutes, covered. Add a bit of Worcestershire sauce, about 1 tsp or so. Break the ground beef up, not too much, try to leave it in larger pieces.
Cover with a lid which will assist in cooking faster but at the same time slightly steam the beef which changes the texture a bit more like a Pizza Topping style Ground Beef.
Throw the diced onions in with the Ground beef once the beef is almost cooked. Just to fry for a bit. Then empty everything into the set aside bowl.
Once the Pasta is done and strained add everything into the Pot with the Quick Tomato Sauce and mix.
Cheeseburger Pasta Bake Sauce
Use JAH Quick Tomato Sauce. This is just a wonderful sauce to use for this dish and it only takes a few minutes to make.
Prepare this first and set it aside until needed. This way all that is left is for you to boil the pasta and at the same time cook all the fillings before throwing everything together.
This dish uses 1 portion of the JAH Quick Tomato Sauce for 3 Cups of short Pasta.
Baking the Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
I serve these up into single-serve Au Gratin dishes, which fills 4 of them pretty much to the top. These are large portions.
All Pasta Bake Dishes can also be placed inside a casserole dish and baked. Which will give you about 6 smaller portions.
Everything is pretty much cooked. You just need to heat through and melt the cheese on top. Place into a preheated oven and bake. Optionally broil the top if needed.
Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
- 1 Stock Pot
- 1 Skillet or Wok
- 4 Single Serve Au Gratin Dish or 1 Casserole Dish
- 3 C Short Pasta
- 1 portion JAH Quick Tomato Sauce
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 8 strips Bacon - Chopped bacon bit size.
- 8 Mushrooms - Chopped
- 1 large Onion - Diced
- Shredded Marble Cheese - as desired
- Preheat the oven to 450 F. Prepare the Quick Tomato Sauce and set this aside until needed.
- Boil a pot of water on the back burner, once the water is boiling add you short pasta. Wash and prep the vegetables.
- In a Large Skillet or Wok over medium heat add the chopped bacon and cook until crisp. Scoop the Bacon into a bowl that will hold all of the filling ingredients as you cook them. Leave the Bacon grease in the pan for the mushrooms.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high to High and add the mushrooms. Cook for a few minutes and empty into the set aside bowl with the bacon. Then add in the ground Beef and cover. Cook a few minutes then start breaking it up but leaving it in larger chunks, add Worcestershire sauce and continue to cook until almost done. Finally, add in the diced Onions and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Empty into the set aside bowl.
- Your Pasta should be done. Strain and place the pasta back into the Pot and fill with cold water to stop the cooking process. Strain again well and place the short pasta back into the pot. Add the Filling ingredients and all of the Quick Tomato Sauce. Mix well and either fill 4 single serve Au Gratin dishes or a casserole dish and top with shredded marble cheese as desired.Place into the oven for about 10 minutes. Optionally broil the top if needed. Remove and let cool 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Burrito BowlThis Taco Burrito Bowl is made with all the same ingredients used to make a Taco Burrito. All layered in a Plate, Bowl or Tortilla Bowl. Place everything out on the table, so everyone can build their own with some Soda and enjoy a Family … Read more
- Aioli Pork ChopsAioli Pork Chops are just Phenomenal! These Pork Chops are marinated in an Aioli Marinade using the Jar version of it. Where everything is placed into a Jar and puréed with an Immersion Blender. Slow cooked until fork tender. Just as they come out of … Read more
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your … Read more