BBQ Chicken Burger
BBQ Chicken Burger made with BBQ Seasoned Chicken Breast or BBQ Seasoned Chicken Legs stripped off the bone. Buttered Toasted Hamburger Buns topped with Mayo, Pappys BBQ Sauce, and your choice of toppings.
Make the BBQ Chicken Burger with Chicken Breast Fillets or Chicken Pieces that are stripped off the bone. Either way, the chicken is seasoned with a BBQ Dry Rub and cooked. You can even make this burger with leftover Glazed or Lacquered Barbecue Chicken.
Chicken Breast Burger
For Chicken Breast, slice the chicken breast in half horizontally to create 2 chicken fillets about 1/2 an inch thick or thinner. If the Chicken breast is large, slice them in half vertically for 4 chicken breast fillets.
Optionally marinate the Chicken Breast and season with your favorite BBQ Dry Rub and cook.
Stripped Chicken Burger
Remove the skin or leave it on and season the chicken with a BBQ Dry Rub and cook. Once cooled down a bit, strip it off the bone to stack the BBQ Chicken Burgers.
BBQ Chicken Marinade
While this is optional, it does add more flavor to the inside of the chicken. Use JAH Poultry Brine to marinate the Chicken. Add a bit of Liquid smoke to enhance the BBQ tones to the chicken.
BBQ Dry Rub
Use your favorite BBQ Seasoning on the chicken. Let it sit out for a bit before cooking.
How to Double Grill Chicken Breast
A 1/2 inch thick Chicken breast or slightly thinner, cooked in a double-sided grill or panini grill, will take about 5-8 minutes to cook through to prime juiciness. Look for an internal temperature of 157 F – 165 F and allow the chicken to rest.
How to Bake Chicken Thighs
Chicken Thighs, Quarters, or Legs go into a preheated oven at 375 F for 45 minutes. Flipping the chicken halfway through. Shut the oven off but leave the chicken in there for 15 – 20 minutes. Then strip it off the bone.
BBQ Chicken Toppings
Add your favorite toppings. Use the below for some ideas.
- Fresh or Sauteed Onions or Fried Onions
- Dill Pickles
- Sauteed Bell Peppers
- Swiss Cheese Slice or other Cheeses
The Pappy BBQ Sauce goes on the Bottom or Top Bun as a condiment sauce. Optionally add a bit to the Stripped Chicken meat and toss or brush on the Chicken Breast Fillet and place on the burger.
BBQ Chicken Burger
- Double Press Grill or Panini Grill
- 2 portion Chicken – 4 Drumsticks, 2 Quarters or 1 Breast
- 2 Buttered Hamburger Bun
- 1 Tbl Pappy BBQ Sauce – per portion
- 1 Tbl Mayonnaisse – per portion
- As Needed BBQ Dry Rub
- Your Choice of Toppings – Lettuce, Fresh or Sauteed Onions, Bacon, etc.
- Slice Chicken breast in half. About 1/2 inch or slightly thinner, seasoned with BBQ Rub, and cook with a double press Grill for 5 – 8 minutes or until juices run clear (an internal temp of 157 F – 165 F), let rest.orUse 4 Chicken Drumsticks or 2 Chicken Quarters, seasoned with BBQ Rub and cook in the oven at 375 F for 45 minutes, flipping halfway through. Shut the heat off but leave the chicken in there for 15 – 20 minutes before stripping it off the bone.
- Butter & Toast the Hamburger Buns in a skillet over medium heat. Assemble the Burger starting with the Bottom Bun.1 – 2 Tbl of BBQ SauceChoice of Vegetable BottomsBBQ Seasoned ChickenChoice of Vegetable Toppings1 – 2 Tbl of MayoWrap it up in waxed paper until ready to serve.