BBQ Meatballs Seasoned with BBQ Spices and coated in Pappy BBQ Sauce. Serve with your choice of side. These can also be served up as appetizers with a toothpick inserted into each meatball.
Pappy BBQ Sauce
Use the Pappy BBQ Sauce Recipe for the BBQ Sauce to coat the Meatballs. This is an especially good BBQ Sauce for Meatballs.
Use Ground Beef, Ground Pork, or a mix of the two. The meat is seasoned with typical ingredients seen in BBQ Spice Rubs.
The common ingredients you see in BBQ Seasoning are below and included in the recipe or you can use your favorite BBQ spice rub.
- Chili Powder
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
Use 1 Tbl Portions or larger to shape the meatballs. Once these are all shaped you can cook these either in the oven or on the stovetop.
Cooking the BBQ Meatballs
My preferred way is the Stove Top method. For larger gatherings, the Oven is the way to go.
Stove Top BBQ Meatballs
Heat a large skillet up over medium heat and wait a few minutes for it to get hot but not searing hot. Then add the meatballs and cover with a lid. Let cook for 3 minutes without stirring or shaking the pan. After 3 minutes turn the meatballs over and cover again for 2 minutes. Then every 2 minutes shake the pan to move the meatballs around for a total cook time of about 8-10 minutes.
Once the meatballs are cooked. Drain the grease out and add in the BBQ Sauce and mix. Cook a few more minutes on low so that they can absorb the BBQ Sauce.
Oven BBQ Meatballs
Preheat the Oven to 400 F and place the Meatballs into a casserole dish and into the oven. Cook, shaking the pan to move around the meatballs for about 15 – 20 minutes. Drain away any grease and add the BBQ Sauce. Mix well and cook a few minutes more.
BBQ Meatballs Side Dish
Serve with Rice, Mashed Potatoes, French Fries or Pasta.
Another option is to place them into a Sub Bun with some Coleslaw or Cheese on top for a BBQ Meatball Sub or into a Buttered Steamed Bun and Toasted in the Oven at 450 F for 5 minutes. Then topped with Coleslaw for a BBQ Meatball Oven Sub.
- 1 lbs Ground meat – Beef, Pork or a mix of the two
- 1/4 C Breadcrumbs – or Crushed Ritz Crackers
- 1/2 portion Pappy BBQ Sauce
- 1 tsp Paprika, Salt & Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Garlic, Onion & Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp Dry Mustard
- Have the Pappy BBQ Sauce already made up. Mix Cold ground Meat with the Spices and Bread Crumbs/Ritz Crackers until equally distributed and combined. Using 1 Tbl or more scoop out the meat and shape into a meatballs.
- Over Medium Heat place the Meatballs into a Skillet and cover. Cook 2-3 minutes without moving the Meatballs, then every 2 minutes give the pan a shake to loosen the Meatballs and toss them around for a total cook time of about 8-10 minutes or more if you're Meatballs are larger.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F and cook the Meatballs tossing the pan around every so often for even cooking until browned well and cooked through about 15-20 minutes.
- Once the Meatballs are cooked through, drain out the grease. Add the Pappy BBQ Sauce and continue to cook for a few minutes or so. Serve Immediately or keep warm to serve at a later time with your choice of side.