Oktoberfest Sausage on a Hot Dog bun or Hoagie served with Sauerkraut, Ketchup & Mustard. They are offered by Schneiders. These are really good and if you’ve never had one. You really got to to go out and buy some. They’re loaded with flavor.
These naturally smoked sausages have a rich taste and color. And with coarsely ground pork inside natural hog casings, they’re very juicy. Expect a mild, Bavarian spice profile with notes of oregano and black pepper. Best to finish them on a grill or under the broiler, just for a few moments. A bit of char enhances the flavor.
A good Sausage is going to have that SNAP! This is when the casing snaps as you bite into it.
To see other Sausages offered by Schneiders visit Schneiders website.
Schneiders Oktoberfest Sausage Ingredients
Pork, Water, Corn Syrup Solids, Potassium Lactate, Salt, Spice, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Nitrite, Smoke.
Schneiders Cooking Instructions
BBQ Oktoberfest Sausage
The Instructions are to grill over medium heat for 5-6 minutes, turning frequently.
Stove Top Oktoberfest Sausage
Pan fry over medium heat for 12 – 15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Relish (Red, Sweet, Yellow)
- Onions or Pickled Red Onions
- Bacon Bits
- Sauteed Onions & Peppers in Butter, Animal Fats or Reduced Beer
- Bread & Butter Pickles
There’s a whole bunch of sauces that can go on top, besides the standard Ketchup & Mustard. Even with these there are different types of Ketchup and Mustard as well.
Along with a variety of Mayo Based Sauces or BBQ Sauces.
Oktoberfest Sausage Bread
I usually just pick up Hot Dog Buns or Hoagies but these can be served on a whole array of Breads including Pretzel Breads and Croissants.
Serve the Bread as is or Steam it to soften. Alternatively you can butter the inside and toast or Steam and then place the sausage in and place it into the oven at 450 F for 5 minutes.
- 4 Oktoberfest Sausages
- 4 Hot Dog Buns or Hoagie rolls
- Butter for the buns
- Sauerkraut – Optional
- Ketchup & Mustard – Optional
- Open up the Buns so the inside can be buttered and pan fried to Toast over medium heat. Once all the buns are toasted run cold water over the pan to cool it down before placing the Sausages in.
- Place the Sausages in the Cooled down pan over medium heat and fry for 12- 15 minutes, turning frequently.
- Place Sauerkraut on the Bun, then the Oktoberfest Sausage. Top with desired toppings.