Sloppy Dogs are Cooked Sausages or Hot Dogs on a Steamed Bun with Sloppys Slopped on Top and some Cheese, then oven baked. These are Deliciously Sloppy Good.
I usually make these from any left over Sloppys. It’s just a small amount but it’s enough to do 4 Sloppy Dogs. You can always reserve some of the Meat Mixture to make the Sloppy Dogs as well and get a meal and a snack from one dish.
HOT DOG BUNS
The Hot Dog Buns are first steamed. This softens the buns and adds more moisture so that when they go into the oven they crisp up a bit but don’t go too dry. Steam them until they are very soft.
Just Boil if using Hot Dogs or Cook the Sausages in the Oven. Then Pan Fry the Hot Dogs or Sausages a bit before placing them into the Steamed Buns. Top with Sloppys Meat Mixture and Cheese. These get cooked in the oven at 400 F for about 5 minutes.
Use JAH Sloppys Seasoning Pack or the Canned Manwich Sloppy Joe’s by Hunt’s. This is a Tomato Based Seasoned Meat Mixture that is usually served in Hamburger style but is used here to go on top of the Doggies for Sloppy Dogs. Have this ready to go before putting this together.
- 4 Sausages or Hot Dogs
- 4 Hot Dog Buns
- Prepared Sloppys Meat & Sauce - | or use Hunt's Manwich Sloppy Joes
- Marbled Cheese
- Cook the Hot Dogs or Sausages according to instructions and then Pan Fry with some fat for a few minutes.
- Steam the Hot Dog Buns and place the Hot Dog or Sausage inside the Bun and top with Sloppys Meat Sauce and Cheese.
- Place into preheated oven on a baking sheet at 400 F for about 5 minutes and Serve.
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…