Sloppy Dogs are Cooked Sausages or Hot Dogs on a Steamed Bun with Sloppys Slopped on Top and some Cheese, then oven baked. These are Deliciously Sloppy Good.
I usually make these from any left over Sloppys. It’s just a small amount but it’s enough to do 4 Sloppy Dogs. You can always reserve some of the Meat Mixture to make the Sloppy Dogs as well and get a meal and a snack from one dish.
HOT DOG BUNS
The Hot Dog Buns are first steamed. This softens the buns and adds more moisture so that when they go into the oven they crisp up a bit but don’t go too dry. Steam them until they are very soft.
Just Boil if using Hot Dogs or Cook the Sausages in the Oven. Then Pan Fry the Hot Dogs or Sausages a bit before placing them into the Steamed Buns. Top with Sloppys Meat Mixture and Cheese. These get cooked in the oven at 400 F for about 5 minutes.
Use JAH Sloppys Seasoning Pack or the Canned Manwich Sloppy Joe’s by Hunt’s. This is a Tomato Based Seasoned Meat Mixture that is usually served in Hamburger style but is used here to go on top of the Doggies for Sloppy Dogs. Have this ready to go before putting this together.
- 4 Sausages or Hot Dogs
- 4 Hot Dog Buns
- Prepared Sloppys Meat & Sauce - | or use Hunt's Manwich Sloppy Joes
- Marbled Cheese
- Cook the Hot Dogs or Sausages according to instructions and then Pan Fry with some fat for a few minutes.
- Steam the Hot Dog Buns and place the Hot Dog or Sausage inside the Bun and top with Sloppys Meat Sauce and Cheese.
- Place into preheated oven on a baking sheet at 400 F for about 5 minutes and Serve.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…