The Fruit Smoothies with Yogurt and Ice is an awesome drink to have on hot days. With Strawberries, Bananas, or Both. Try it with other Fruits such as Oranges, Pineapple & Oranges, Mango, Mixed Berries, and Peach.
Use Plain Greek Yogurt. This is a very thick Yogurt that will add creaminess to the overall drink, Plus it’s good for your Stomach. The amount added is up to you. I also use Astro Yogurt which works quite well.
Combine Strawberries and Banana, Pineapple & Oranges or Mixed Berries – Strawberry, BlackBerry, Blue Berry, and Raspberry.
There are plenty of other combinations you can throw together as well like Peach and Mango, Blueberry & Mango or Water Melon, Strawberry & Kiwi.
The added sugar in whatever form you choose to add it in is very crucial here for the best flavors. If using Syrups, this will contribute sugar. But you may need to add more. Always taste and adjust for the Sugar level.
The Sugar added is what wakens the flavor in the drink.
Depending on what Fruits you are using the second important taste factor to Sugar is Acidity. Add this in the form of Lemon Juice, Lime Juice, or Citric Acid.
Fruit Syrups in Fruit Smoothies
There are a wide variety of specialty syrups you can add for extra flavor.
Mango, Raspberry, Peach, Pineapple, Coconut, Strawberry Watermelon, Peach, Pina Colada, just to mention a few.
Just add a Dash of Syrup appropriate for the Fruit you are using. These can be picked up at your local Cash & Carry Store as well as your local grocery store, although the Grocery Store might not have a huge selection to choose from. You can also order these off of Amazon.
For Strawberry and Banana Style I like to add a dash of Grenadine as the Syrup component. I use this in Banana or Strawberry Banana Milkshakes as well.
Without the Syrups, you will want to add extra sugar, Stevia, or Honey. Even with the Syrups, you may want to add extra sugar, especially in the case of using Grenadine with Strawberry and Banana Smoothies as this does require extra sweetness to get the same as Timmies.
Fruit Smoothies Preparation
The Preparation is easy. Just Combine a Full Tray of Ice Cubes, a small amount of Sugar initially or added towards the end, however much Yogurt you desire, your prepared Fruits, and some Syrup. Blend until smooth. Taste for the correct level of Sweetness and add more Sugar if needed and Blend again.
Serve in Frozen Glasses with a straw.
At your local Cash & Carry Store, you can purchase the Plastic Drink Containers and Lids so that you can make this and take it with you. Smoothies on the Go.
Strawberry & Banana Fruit Smoothies
Combine Strawberries, Banana, Yogurt, Grenadine or other Syrup, Sugar, and Ice Cubes. Blend until smooth. Taste and adjust the sweetness and Serve in Cold Glasses.
Pineapple & Orange Fruit Smoothies
Combine One Pineapple, 4 Oranges into a blender and blend really well. Strain through a Fine Sieve to separate the Juice from the Pulp. Combine the Juice with Yogurt, a Full Tray of Ice Cubes, and Sugar, and Blend.
With Fruits that contain Pulp or a lot of seeds like the mixed berries, you can choose to Strain or not Strain if you don’t mind the Pulp or Seeds. The Pulp can be saved for Fruit Roll-Ups, Cakes, Muffins, Pancakes, or dehydrated into a powder.
The Pineapple Peel and Core as well as the Orange Peels can be saved to make a drink which I will post at a later time.
Both the Pulp and Skin Peelings can be placed into a Ziploc bag and frozen until a later time when you are ready to use them.
Mixed Berry Fruit Smoothies
Made with Strawberry, BlackBerry, Blue Berry, and Raspberry. Combined with Yogurt, Sugar, and Ice Cubes. Optionally with a Fruit Syrup.
Strawberry & Mango
Made with one Mango & Strawberries.
- 1 Tray Ice Cubes
- 2 C Fresh Fruits - | or more
- 1 C Greek Yogurt - | or more
- Dash Fruit Syrup or Grenadine to Taste
- Sugar to Taste - | Replace with Stevia or Honey
- Place all the Ingredients into a Blender and Blend until Smooth. Taste and adjust the sugar. These drinks need quite a bit to make it come alive.
- Pour into Frozen Glasses or Plastic Cups with a Straw.
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…