Refreshing Lemonade Drink with some Ice Cubes optionally with some Mint, Tea Bag, or Tea mix. It works really well to keep the body cool and hydrated during hot summer days. It’s also a really good drink to have first thing in the morning to wake you up and get things started.
Use about 5 fresh squeezed Lemon Juice if you can or the stuff you buy in the bottle which is what I use all the time since I usually don’t buy a bunch of lemons. Although freshly squeezed Lemon Juice is preferable, since it contains no additional additives. Not only for the health benefits but for the taste as well.
If however you do come across a sale or get a bunch of lemons. These freeze quite well. Simply place them into Ziploc bags whole and freeze. Whenever you need Lemon Juice. Let thaw and juice. Whenever you need lemon rind. Just take it out of the freezer and grate. Place back into the freezer when done.
Sliced Lemon may be added to the drink as well.
Lemon Zest from 1/2 a lemon may be added, mixed well, and then strained out.
Citric Acid can be substituted for Lemon Juice or used in conjunction with Lemon Juice. Adjust the amounts to suit your taste.
Honey can be used to substitute the Sugar or used alongside sugar. Lemon Syrup can be added as well as raspberry or strawberry syrup.
Mint Leaves are a beautiful addition to lemonade. We grow our own and when making this drink we pick a couple of the leaves and include them with the Lemonade. Refrigerate the drink for at least an hour for the Mint flavor to be released and intensify.
The Juice from 2 oranges can be added along with the zest of half an orange. Mix well and strain.
Pink lemonade gets its color from food coloring or added red syrups such as Raspberry, Strawberry, Grenadine. Other items may be used such as cranberry juice, a splash of beet juice, pomegranate syrup, or as pictured below raspberry lime tea.
Various Teas can replace the water to add additional flavor tones. This can offer a wide variety of Lemonades.
Just make the Tea up as you normally would and use it cold in place of or part of the water in the Lemonade or Freeze it into Ice Cubes to add to the Drink when serving.
Tonic Water & Lemonade
A variation in the serving of this is to fill a glass 1/3 or 1/2 of the way with Lemonade and the rest with Tonic Water or Sprite/7 Up.
Practically any kind of additional fruit may be added for additional flavoring. Common ones are Grape Juice, Orange, and others like Watermelon, Honeydew, Pears, and Peaches. Some even contain a small amount of ginger.
Adjust and add how you see fit. In the end, it should be a dominant lemon-flavored drink that is both sweet and tart.
- 5 – 8 C Water
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 C Lemon Juice
- to taste Mint Leaves or Tea Bags - – Optional
- Lemon Slices - – Optional
- Combine Sugar & Lemon Juice and Mix well. Add Water or Tea and Mix.
- Optionally add some Mint Leaves and Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with Ice Cubes and optionally a Lemon Slice.
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…