Oh yes! I am taking full credit for this. I was so upset when pizza places came out with the donair egg roll, I know not quite the same but very close. You see in my mind I had invented the Donair Samosa. Passing it around and sharing to everyone around me for years before the donair egg roll came out. I’m still slightly disappointed.
There was no recipe on the net. Even now I don’t think you can google Donair Samosa and find a recipe. Because this is my own creation and Really Good. I was even reluctant to share it here because it is so popular among my circle. Any time I made them they didn’t last long at all. I often get requests to make these again.
However. I am going to share it with you for your personal use. Let’s get into the Ingredients of a Donair Samosa.
This recipe uses JAH Halifax Donair Spice.
Optionally you can make the standard recipe as mentioned in the Donair Meat Post. Under Standard Donair Meat. Just adjust the amounts to your preference. It won’t be quite as good but is sufficient enough to do the job.
The Donair meat is cut into smaller pieces for easier stuffing of the Donair Samosa and combined with everything below.
Halifax Donair Sauce. is combined with the meat and cooked alongside as well as a small dipping bowl of Donair Sauce.
You also need Samosa Wrappers. This is portioned into 60 g Dough Balls. Then rolled out flat into a circle and the circle is cut in half to create a semi-circle. Stuffed and Deep Fried until Golden Crisp.
Check out the Samosa Wrapper post which shows how to fold these too.
Only Diced Onions & Tomatoes if you choose. Included in the filling or served on the side.
Use a High Moisture Mozzarella Cheese blend that is made up of 3 parts Mozzarella Cheese & 1 Part Shredded Provolone Cheese. It works extremely well with Donairs.
You can also add a bit of Cheddar Cheese if you’d like.
JAH Donair Samosa
- 1 Deep Fryer
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- Chop the Donair Meat into smaller pieces so that they can fit inside the Samosa. Mix the Donair Meat with Donair Sauce, Diced Onions and Tomatoes if using and Shredded Cheese Blend until all the meat is coated well.
- Stuff the Samosas with the Meat Mixture and Seal and repeat until all the filling is used up.
- Deep fry in batches (about 6) at a time at 350 F – 375 F until Golden and Crisp About 5 minutes.
- Let cool, and enjoy! Optionally with some Fresh Donair Sauce on the side for Dipping.
- Iced CappEnjoy a Creamy Cold Refreshing Iced Capp at home any time. It’s a Coffee on Ice with additional ingredients to get those unique Flavors. I am still messing around with the ratios. But find this to be pretty close to Tim Hortons Iced Capp. Tim…
- Pasta PitasPasta Pitas are just something else! Brushed with Garlic Butter & sauced with Pasta Meat Sauce. Topped with torn Provolone Cheese for a Deliciously Greasy Treat. Oven baked, garnished and served. These are a very convenient snack right after making some Pasta Sauce using the…
- Pasta SauceRagu style Pasta Sauce simmered for 2 hours or more to develop the concentrated flavors for your favorite Pasta dishes. Made from Tomatoes & Juice, Soffritto, Tomato Paste, with a nice blend of Herbs & Spices and a lot of Basil. Resulting in a Delicious…