Cinnamon Twisty Bread
Cinnamon Twisty Bread is made the exact same way as Regular Twisty Bread, except the Butter used is Spiced Cinnamon Butter. The Twisty bread is then served with a side of Icing Glaze to dip the breadsticks into as thick or thin as you desire.
The Dough used is your standard Hand Tossed Pizza Dough recipe. You could use a sweet Dough, but it isn’t really needed. Domino’s Pizza offers these and uses Regular Hand Tossed Pizza Dough.
12 Inch Hand Tossed Pizza Dough on a Floured/Cornmeal or both surface.
Spiced Cinnamon Butter
Combine all the ingredients for the Spiced Cinnamon Butter and mix well. This is used to brush the Twisty Bread as soon as they come out of the oven.
- 1 C Butter
- 1/2 Icing Sugar or a little more to taste
- 3 Tbl Cinnamon
- 1 Tbl Honey
- 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Combine Icing Sugar with a very small amount of Hot water and mix. Add more Hot water or Icing Sugar until desired consistency. Some like it thick, others thin. Find what works for you.
Another version is to mix Honey with Hot water and some icing sugar for a white dipping sauce, or without Icing sugar for a honey dipping sauce.
Flavored Dipping Sauce
- Apple Icing
Add Apple Sauce or JAM to Icing Sugar.
- Apple Pie
Use Mashed Apple Pie Filling as a dip or combine Apple Pie Spice with 1/2 C Apple Juice and cornstarch to thicken bring to a boil to thicken. Add more Apple Juice to thin to desired consistency.
- Banana Icing
Combine Mashed Bananas with Icing Sugar until desired consistency.
- Pineapple Icing
Add Crushed Pineapple to Icing Sugar.
- Monkey Butter
Follow the Link for Monkey Butter outlined in my Banana Bread Recipe.
- And many other combinations
How to make Cinnamon Twisty Bread
Start with a 12 Inch of Standard Pizza Dough and pat down flat into a rectangle on a floured or cornmeal surface. Shape it to get a good rectangle and slice breadsticks in about 5–8 strips. Twist the ends as you place on a baking sheet and cook until done at the highest temp your oven will go. Flip over halfway through. This only takes a few minutes, 4–5 minutes.
Place Cinnamon Butter in a small casserole pan with a brush. When the Hot Breadsticks are ready, toss them into the dish and brush the Spiced Cinnamon Butter all over. The Butter will melt as you brush. Move these to a wired rack or plate with tongs to cool a bit. Serve with Dipping Sauce.
Cinnamon Twisty Bread
- 1 Pizza Cutter
- 1 Pizza Screen or Pan
- 1 Casserole and Brush
- 1 Small Tupperware bowl
- Preheat the oven to its highest setting. Press the Pizza Dough Flat on a floured or cornmeal surface and shape into a rectangle, not too thin. Shape into a rectangle by tugging at the corners.
- With a pizza cutter, slice about 1 inch and into about 5–8 strips. Twist once before placing unto baking sheet or pizza screen.
- Place into oven to cook for 2–3 minutes or the tops starts to brown and then flip over and cook for another 1–2 minutes.
- Remove the Bread Sticks and place into a Pan with Spiced Cinnamon Butter. Brush the Cinnamon Butter over the Bread Sticks and move to a wired rack or plate with tongs and let cool.
- Burrito BowlThis Taco Burrito Bowl is made with all the same ingredients used to make a Taco Burrito. All layered in a Plate, Bowl or Tortilla Bowl. Place everything out on the table, so everyone can build their own with some Soda and enjoy a Family … Read more
- Aioli Pork ChopsAioli Pork Chops are just Phenomenal! These Pork Chops are marinated in an Aioli Marinade using the Jar version of it. Where everything is placed into a Jar and puréed with an Immersion Blender. Slow cooked until fork tender. Just as they come out of … Read more
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your … Read more