Tuna Potato Salad
Tuna Potato Salad with Olives, Green Onions, Hard Boiled Eggs coated in Tasty Seafood Mayo. It is extremely easy to put together. Eat this all by itself as a snack, or serve it as a side dish with some Baked Fish.
This dish is a Portuguese originating dish. Instead of equal amounts of Olive Oil & Red Wine Vinegar, Mayonnaise is used. In my interpretation of it, I use my very own Seafood Mayo.
This recipe comes courtesy of Carolina Dias. Many Thanks for this one. Although I switched out the Mayo with my own Seafood Mayo. The idea and ingredients that go into the Tuna Potato Salad come from her. We enjoy this quite a bit and have been enjoying it on the regular since she first brought it over for us to try.
The original recipe is diced potatoes boiled in salted water until fork tender. The egg is boiled with the potatoes for 10 minutes before being scooped out and cooled. All of the same ingredients go in with Mayonnaise, Lemon Juice, Salt & Pepper for the dressing, instead of the Seafood Mayo.
How to Bake Potatoes for Potato Salad
Pierce both ends of potatoes with a fork 3 times and place them on a baking sheet. Place the Potatoes into a preheated oven at 400 F for 45 minutes – 1 hour, depending on how large they are. Afterward, remove and let cool before refrigerating for the night.
When ready to make potato salad, chop the ends off where they were pierced with the fork and remove any loose skin. Then peel the potatoes. Dice them to any size you want.
How to Boil Eggs
Place the eggs into a pot with water to cover. Bring to a boil over max heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-high and simmer for 10 minutes. Move them to a bowl of cold water and let them rest for 10 minutes.
Peel & chop the hard Boiled Eggs and add them to the Tuna Potato Salad.
If you really want to up the egg flavor or perhaps substitute the egg with egg flavor, add in some Black Salt. Just a small amount.
Portuguese Canned Tuna
One Can of Tuna, but not just any kind of tuna, well you can, but the Portuguese canned tuna pictured below is a really nice treat. If you pick other kinds of Tuna, make sure you pick up about 7 oz worth or more.
Bom Petisco canned tuna is wonderful and just excellent for the Tuna Potato Salad.
Tuna Potato Salad Add ins
Add in about 1/4 C of Chopped Olives stuffed with pimento. These add a nice texture contrast and a bite of saltiness throughout the salad.
Include minced Onion or Green Onions if desired, along with a host of other ingredients to your liking. Add Lettuce, Peppers, Shredded Carrots, Chickpeas, Parsley, Celery, and/or a small amount of Olive Oil & Red or White Wine Vinegar.
Tuna Potato Salad Dressing
You can opt to just use mayonnaise with Lemon Juice and a bit of Salt & Pepper. For me, though, I really like the Seafood Mayo, especially with Tuna in it.
You can adjust the acidity by adding more Lemon Juice or exchanging it with White/Red Wine Vinegar or White Vinegar for a stronger kick. As well as adjust the seasoning with Salt & Pepper.
- 1/4 C Hellmann’s Mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp each of the following;
- Garlic Powder
- Butter Popcorn Seasoning
- Aleppo Chili Flakes
Tuna Potato Salad
- 1 Pot
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1 Can Tuna - Juice Squeezed out
- 500 g Diced Potatoes - About 4–5 Potatoes
- 2 Eggs - Hard-Boiled & Chopped
- 1/4 C Green Olives - Chopped
- 1-2 Stalks Green Onions - Chopped
- 1/2 C Hellmans Mayonnaise
- 1/2 Tbl Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Hondashi, Sriracha, Garlic Powder, Butter Popcorn Seasoning, & Aleppo Pepper
- Pierce both ends of the potatoes with a fork 3 times and bake in a preheated oven at 400 F for 1 hour. Remove and let cool before refrigerating overnight.
- Place the Eggs into a pot of water to cover and bring to a boil over max heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to medium-high and simmer for 10 minutes. Cool the eggs and refrigerate overnight with the potatoes.
- Prepare the dressing by combining all the Seafood Mayo Ingredients together and mixing well.
- Chop the ends off the potatoes and remove any loose skin. Peel and dice the potatoes. Peel & Chop the Eggs. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Refrigerate at least one hour before serving.
- Burrito BowlThis Taco Burrito Bowl is made with all the same ingredients used to make a Taco Burrito. All layered in a Plate, Bowl or Tortilla Bowl. Place everything out on the table, so everyone can build their own with some Soda and enjoy a Family … Read more
- Aioli Pork ChopsAioli Pork Chops are just Phenomenal! These Pork Chops are marinated in an Aioli Marinade using the Jar version of it. Where everything is placed into a Jar and puréed with an Immersion Blender. Slow cooked until fork tender. Just as they come out of … Read more
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your … Read more