A Wonderful Rich Seafood Mayo to use with a variety of foods from the Sea. It just has that something about it.
This came about with me just messing around in the kitchen wanting a good sauce for Shrimp and was that ever good. I served it with marinated Tuna Steaks & Dipping Sauce. Since then I have used it in other places and it just gives that something extra. It is deep, rich and loaded with savory flavors.
For Shrimp, just sauté the shrimp until done and toss in a bowl with the Sauce.
Seafood Mayo Ingredients
Use Hellmann’s Mayonnaise. I have made this with the Homemade Mayo and that works too.
Lemon Juice brings acidity. In certain dishes where a strong acidity is desired, Lemon Juice can be exchanged with White Vinegar.
Hondashi really is a secret ingredient. Does it ever boost that Seafood Flavor, no matter what seafood you pair this with.
Butter Popcorn Seasoning
This contributes to the Salt and that Buttery Flavor in the mayo. Butter popcorn seasoning pairs so well with mayonnaise.
Add in whatever hot sauce you desire to bring just a smidge of heat. Not even noticeable, it just assists in the flavors developing. Add more Hot Sauce if a spicy version is desired.
Herbs & Spices
Garlic for the Umami and Aleppo for its fruity flavors and color. Aleppo Chili Flakes can be picked up at your local Middle Eastern Grocery Store.
Seafood Mayo Recipes
Shrimp with Seafood Mayo
Just cook the Shrimp and toss in Seafood Mayo.
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 1/4 C Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 3/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Hondashi
- 1/4 tsp Sriracha
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Butter Popcorn Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Aleppo Chili Flakes
- Combine all ingredients together and mix well.
- Burrito BowlThis Taco Burrito Bowl is made with all the same ingredients used to make a Taco Burrito. All layered in a Plate, Bowl or Tortilla Bowl. Place everything out on the table, so everyone can build their own with some Soda and enjoy a Family … Read more
- Aioli Pork ChopsAioli Pork Chops are just Phenomenal! These Pork Chops are marinated in an Aioli Marinade using the Jar version of it. Where everything is placed into a Jar and puréed with an Immersion Blender. Slow cooked until fork tender. Just as they come out of … Read more
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your … Read more