Make these Hand-Held Triangular Pockets stuffed with Meat, Sauce, and Cheese for your next Taco Tuesday. Serve them with a dipping sauce on the side. They are just too good!
What is a Trisadilla
Trisadilla is all in the Fold to create that triangular shape. It is the same as a Quesadilla except the tortilla is cut in half, stuffed, and folded into a triangle much like a samosa. Serve them Single for an appetizer or snack, in Triplets for a lunch, or in Six-pieces for a meal.
You can make a wide variety of Trisadillas, but they all come down to some key ingredients. Flour Tortilla, Meat Filling, Sauce/s, and Cheese.
Use a 10-inch or 12-inch Flour Tortilla toasted a bit in a skillet over medium heat until lightly browned. Use Storebought or homemade tortillas. Once heated through and browned a bit, set them aside on a plate or waxed paper.
You can practically stuff these with anything. The recipe below uses Taco Seasoned Ground Beef cooked in a way to yield Taco Bell style meat. But other variations are listed below.
I generally go with Salsa & Sour Cream. Although a whole host of sauces can go on and is really a matter of preferences. Use Red Taco Sauce, Cilantro Sauce, Guacamole, Hot Sauce, Nacho Cheese. It’s really up to you to create a wide variation of the Trisadilla.
Load it up with Cheese. Use Tex Mex Cheese, Three Cheese Blend, (Mozaa, Cheddar, and Monterey Jack), Marble Cheese, or whatever else your belly might desire.
How to fold Trisadillas
First Fry up the tortilla a bit to warm through and lightly brown. Then slice the Tortillas in half for each Trisadilla.
With 1 half of a 10-inch or 12-inch tortilla sliced in half, place a couple of spoonfuls of cooked Taco Seasoned Ground Beef.
Sprinkle on a bit of a three-cheese blend.
Spoon on Salsa.
Spoon on Sour Cream. Add in any vegetables if desired like Lettuce, diced Onions & Tomatoes.
Fold over one-third of the way and flatten a bit.
Fold over again to create the Triangular shape. You can also add a bit of cheese between the first and second fold.
How to Cook Trisadilla
Heat a skillet up over medium heat for a few minutes until warm. Then place the Trisadilla in seal side down. Cook for about 25 – 30 seconds and flip to cook the other side until golden brown and crisp.
You can also cook these in a Panini Grill or a double-sided Grill for a few seconds or Brush them with oil and bake them at 350 F until crunchy to your liking.
Trisadilla Dipping Sauces
Depending on the type of Trisadilla, serve them with the appropriate Dipping sauce on the side. Use common dipping sauces for Tacos with Taco Trisadillas or common dipping sauces for Pizza with Pizza Trisadillas.
Variations of Trisadilla
There are so many ways to make a Trisadilla and these are really good too, so I will be making a few variations of these and posting them here. Be sure to check back for different versions.
- 1 lb Taco Seasoned Ground Beef
- 3 10" Flour Tortillas – Sliced in half
- pinch Three Cheese Blend – Mozzarella, Cheddar, and Monterey Jack or Tex Mex
- 1-2 Tbl Salsa
- 1 Tbl Sour Cream
- Prepare and Cook the Taco Meat according to the recipe.
- Heat through and lightly brown the Tortillas in a skillet over medium heat. Slice the Tortilla in half and place on a plate or waxed paper to await assembly.
- Arrange the Tortilla half, sliced side down and assemble.Taco MeatCheese BlendSalsaSour CreamFold over the Tortilla about one third of the way and fold again to create the Triangular shape. Repeat for all Trisadillas.
- Heat a skillet up over medium heat for a few minutes until warm. Then place the Trisadillas seal side down and fry for about 25 – 30 seconds. Flip and repeat for the other side.