The English BLT or Breakfast BLT is your Classic BLT on an English Muffin instead of Toast and with English Cucumbers. With a Sauce made up of Mayo, Lemon Juice, Salt & Black Pepper. Simple and Delicious!
Toast the English Muffins in a toaster or Pan Fry them over medium heat until soft and toasted, much like hamburger buns. Toast them in the oven either at 350 F or Broil until the desired toastiness is achieved if making a bunch of these.
You can also season the English Muffins with a bit of Everything Bagel Seasoning for that Onion & Garlic kick with a tad of heat.
Just toast and butter English Muffins or use Toasted English Muffins with Everything Bagel Seasoning.
Place 2 strips of Bacon for each sandwich on a baking sheet and into a cold oven. Turn the heat to 400 F and cook until the desired crispness. They will finish cooking in about 10 – 15 minutes. You can also cook for 10 minutes, then refrigerate and finish crisping later.
Some people will toast the English muffins in a frying pan with a bit of bacon grease.
Drain the grease and reserve it for other uses.
Slice the iceberg lettuce into strips and wash it under cold water or tear the Lettuce.
Nice meaty tomatoes like Beefsteak or Heirloom. Roma Tomatoes work quite nicely as well. Any tomato will work but in general the Beefsteak or Heirloom, even Roma Tomatoes will work best. Especially so while in season and fresh.
Get a good size one that when sliced fills out the English Muffins.
The addition of sliced English Cucumbers is really nice with this sandwich. Slice them as thin or thick as desired.
The classic is Mayo with a bit of Salt & Black Pepper. However, this can be elevated with just a splash of lemon juice. Place 1 Tbl of Mayo per sandwich in a bowl. Add Lemon Juice and Salt to taste, with a good amount of black pepper.
This is also an optional sauce used for JFC Snack Wraps and other sandwiches.
If you’re looking for a little bit of heat, add some sriracha sauce or other hot pepper sauce.
Hellmann’s Mayonnaise with a bit of Black Pepper and Lemon Juice.
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Toaster or Frying Pan
- 4 English Muffins
- 8 strips Bacon
- handful Lettuce
- 1 large Tomato
- 12 slices Cucumbers
- 1 Tbl Mayonnaise - Per Sandwich
- Lemon Juice - To Taste
- Salt & Black Pepper - To Taste
- Place the Bacon on a baking sheet, optionally lined with tin foil, and into the oven. Then turn the heat to 400 F and cook until the desired level of crispness.
- Toast the English muffins while preparing the vegetables. Butter the English muffins.
- Combine Mayo, Lemon Juice, and Black Pepper to taste and slather on the top English Muffin and assemble the sandwich.Bottom English MuffinLettuceTomato SliceThree Cucumber slices2 strips of BaconTop English Muffin with Mayo Sauce
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…