Breakfast McDonald’s Style with an Egg McMuffin topped with your choice of meat and a Cheese Slice on a Toasted and Buttered English Muffin. JAHZKITCHEN bringing you some new style McMuffins too.
These are great for Breakfast on the go, or sometimes just as a snack.
Pick up a Carton of Eggs and 2 Packages of English Muffins. Along with a Package of Bacon, Sausages, and Cheese.
Makeup 12 of these breakfast sandwiches. Wrap in wax paper, and Freeze. Then place them into a Ziploc bag and store them in the freezer. Take out the night before and heat in the microwave.
For the Round Eggs, you need a steel ring or Mason Jar lid. These can also be used to cook pancakes for McGriddles.
McDonald’s has an Egg ring design where they can cook up to 8 at a time. Each egg gets cracked into a ring with the Yolk broken. A lid goes on top where they can add a bit of water to steam, which assists in cooking the eggs.
At home, we do the same thing. In a Skillet, add some butter over medium heat. Allow for it to heat up a bit with the ring, but don’t brown the butter. Add 1 Egg and break the yolk. So that the egg cooks evenly for the most part.
Quickly add a pinch of Salt & Pepper and 1 Tbl of water. Immediately cover with a lid. Shut the heat off and leave it there for about 3 minutes.
Free Range Eggs
Try to source a local farmer that sells free-range eggs. Not only are you supporting your local area, but the eggs are of far superior quality. Free Range eggs offer up way more nutrition than Pasteurized Store Eggs.
In fact, even if you can’t tell the difference right now. Buy Free Range Eggs for 2 months, go through them and then buy a carton from the store. You might not know why the free-range eggs just taste better overall, but your body does.
The McDonald’s Breakfast sausage is probably one of the best breakfast sausages going. While I don’t have a recipe for this yet. It is something I am trying to crack. I work on it from time to time.
You can pick Breakfast Sausages already made or make your own. You can also use link sausage. Just peel the casing off and portion it into round patties. Fry them like burgers. McDonald’s portion is 45 g for the breakfast sausage, just like their burgers.
Other common meats used is Bacon or store bought or Homemade Canadian Bacon. Other uncommon, but I am not sure why because they make for a really great breakfast sandwich include Spam or homemade spam, Bologna, or other Deli Meats.
I usually just toast in a toaster and butter these. Although, you can also butter and toast them in a frying pan over medium heat as well for softer English Muffins.
McDonald’s uses an American Cheese Slice on their Egg McMuffins. Although, Velveeta cheese can be used too. You could even switch it up with other kinds of cheese slices, even using Cheese Whiz Spread.
Types of Egg McMuffin
Sausage ‘N Egg McMuffin
45 g Breakfast Sausage Patty, Egg, and Cheese Slice on a Toasted and Buttered English Muffin.
Bacon ‘N Egg McMuffin
Crispy Bacon, Egg, and Cheese on a Toasted and Buttered English muffin.
Spam ‘N Egg McMuffin
Sliced Spam (fried or not), Egg, and Cheese on a Toasted and Buttered English muffin.
Check out the post on Homemade Spam that you can portion out to 45 g patties and freeze or Slice from the cooked loaf to use here for Breakfast Sandwiches.
Bologna ‘N Egg McMuffin
Sliced Bologna (fried or not), Egg, and Cheese on a Toasted and Buttered English muffin.
Ham ‘N Egg McMuffin
Fried Slice of Ham, Egg, and Cheese Slice on a Toasted and Buttered English Muffin.
Kolbassa ‘N Egg McMuffin
Sliced Kolbassa Sausage, Egg, and Monterrey Jack Cheese on a Toasted and Buttered English Muffin.
- 1 Frying Pan with Cover
- 1 Egg Ring
- 1 English Muffin
- 1 Egg
- 1 portion Meat - Sausage, Bacon, Spam or Deli Meats
- 1 Slice Cheese - Cheddar, Velveeta or other cheese
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Cook your Choice of meats in a skillet over medium heat until done. Drain any excess grease. Meanwhile, Toast & Butter English Muffins.
- With the Skillet over medium heat and an Egg ring in place with some butter. Crack an Egg into the Ring, Break the yolk, and season with Salt and Pepper. Add 1 Tbl of Water and immediately cover with a Lid. Shut the heat off but leave it on the burner for about 3 minutes.
- Assemble the Breakfast Sandwich with Meat, Cheese & Egg and serve or wrap in waxed paper for later.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…