This isn’t your typical Snickerdoodle Cookies. I’m not even sure you can call it a snickerdoodle. But are they ever good with a nice Buttery Coconut flavor throughout. I make them like this every time and even passed a few out. Everyone wanted to know the recipe so I am posting it here.
Your Standard Snickerdoodle, amounts vary but always include Flour, Salt, Sugar, Butter, Eggs, Vanilla and Cream of Tartar.
- 2 3/4 – 3 1/4 C of All Purpose Flour
- 1 – 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1/4 – 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 – 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 C White Sugar
- 1 C Butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1- 3 tsp Vanilla
I wanted to try my hand at Arrowroot cookies & Coconut cookies and didn’t know which one to make. I decided to do both within a snickerdoodle cookie just to see the effects and go from there.
These Cookies were better than the standard snickerdoodle cookies. That Butter & Coconut flavor really comes through and the tang you get from the Cream of tartar, just a very tasty cookie. Whether you still call them snickerdoodles or not, I don’t know. but this is how I make them every time.
Butter Coconut Snickerdoodle Cookies
Exchange the Butter with Coconut Oil in the standard snickerdoodle recipe. Use Butter Popcorn Seasoning instead of the Salt. Exchange 1/2 C of the Flour with Arrowroot. This creates a Buttery Rich Coconut Flavored Cookies that are just too good.
Combine 1/4 C of White Sugar with 1 1/2 Tbl of Cinnamon. Roll the cookie dough in the Cinnamon Sugar and coat well. You can also use this to sprinkle more on top of the Cookies before and after they are baked.
Snickerdoodle Cookie size
Make these using 1 – 2 Tbl leveled portion per cookie. I make them with 1 Tbl leveled which take about 8 minutes to bake and yields about 55 cookies.
At 1 1/2 Tbl they take about 10 minutes to bake and yields about 36 cookies. Adjust the bake time, so that the cookies are just set before taking them out of the oven.
The thickness of the cookie is entirely up to you. Place on a baking sheet with space between to allow room for the cookies to expand while baking.
Rolled into a ball and tossed in the Cinnamon Sugar.
Press down in the middle sprinkle more cinnamon sugar in the dimple.
Press the cookie dough flat with your palms and toss in cinnamon sugar.
Coconut Oil for Snickerdoodles
Use a good quality Coconut Oil. The Butter in the standard Snickerdoodle Cookies is replaced with Coconut Fat and adds a very nice Coconut flavor throughout.
Butter Popcorn Seasoning in Cookies
I know, I use this in a lot of places, but it is just so amazing. Once you start adding this to certain dishes, those dishes are just not the same without it. It is very effective at adding butter flavors. Especially so here where the butter is replaced by Coconut Fat.
With the Butter Popcorn seasoning you still get that Butter Flavor that is just exceptional in these cookies. It works so well that I think I will be replacing all salt in cookies with Butter Popcorn Seasoning where that strong butter flavor is desired. It really is that good.
Adding in Arrowroot cuts the Flour and creates a cake like flour. It’s the same as cutting Flour with Starch to lessen the protein bonding in the All Purpose Flour. In this recipe you can omit the arrowroot and substitute with flour. Although I believe the added arrowroot affects the texture that seems to be more desirable for me at least.
Soft Snickerdoodle Cookies
As long as the cookies are stored covered these stay soft and even more so the thicker they are. To enjoy them like they were fresh out the oven, pop them into the Microwave for 20 seconds and enjoy.
How long to Bake Snickerdoodle Cookies
No matter what size you make them, bake until they are just set with a light browning on the bottom. This will result in Soft & Chewy Cookies every time. They will continue to cook through when removed from the oven.
- 1 Mixing Bowl
- 2 Baking Sheets to alternate the baking
- 1 Bowl For Cinnamon Sugar
- 1 1/2 C White Sugar
- 1 C Coconut Fat
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 1/4 C All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 C Arrowroot
- 1/2 Tbl Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp Butter Popcorn Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
Cinnamon Sugar Mix
- 1/4 C White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbl Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F with the rack in middle position.In a mixing bowl combineCoconut FatSugarEggsVanillaWhisk really well to cream.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until combined. In another bowl combine the Sugar Cinnamon mixture.
- Using 1 Tbl measuring spoon, scoop up the dough and roll into a ball. Lay them out on a baking sheet as you make them with space between to allow room for expansion.Toss each ball in the Cinnamon Sugar.For thicker cookies, leave them as a ball.For thinner cookies, press down the center, sprinkle some more cinnamon sugar in the dimple.For Thin cookies, flatten out and toss with Cinnamon Sugar.
- Bake in middle rack position for 8 minutes. Remove let cool and bake the other tray. Repeat until all cookies are baked.You're looking for the cookies to just set as they will continue to cook as you take them out. Adjust the cook time accordingly.
- Jerk ChickenJuicy, Fall off the Bone, Charred Crispy Jerk Chicken with that addictive taste and just the right Hit of Heat, that you can control. Make it as Mild, Medium, Spicy or Hot as desired. The Jerk Marinade is made up in a Jar in about … Read more
- Cabbage Roll SoupWhat a wonderful Savory Cabbage Roll Soup made from Salted Tender Cabbage and Rice with Parsley, Tarragon & Caraway to add that Cabbage Roll taste. This soup is based on the Vegetable Soup and can include a variety of meats, such as ground Beef, Pork, … Read more
- Swiss SteakFork Tender Swiss Steak with a Flavorful Beefy Tomato Sauce. Done Stove top, in a Slow Cooker or Oven Braised for a Delicious Comforting Meal. Add in your choice of herbs to shape the Flavors and serve with Mashed, Roasted or Steamed Potatoes, Crispy Fries, … Read more