Spiced Molasses Cookies
Spices come together with Molasses to make Spiced Molasses Cookies. These are seriously good. The Good thing about this recipe is that it makes a big batch.
Make this up and bake a tray of cookies while you portion off the remaining cookie dough and freeze to make these at any time you are craving Spiced Molasses Cookies.
Cookie Dough Consistency
You may need to add more flour to achieve a cookie dough consistency. This is where the dough is tacky but doesn’t really stick to you. It’s on the firmer side and should scoop out of the 1 1/2 Tbl intact. If it is sticking, then it is too wet. Add more flour as you see fit to get that cookie dough texture.
I usually add in 3 1/2 Cups all at once and then add more until it’s the right texture and easier to handle. About 3 1/2 – 4 cups.
This makes a big batch so that you can make some now and portion out the rest to freeze.
You can either roll the dough out into a cylinder and freeze, or portion it into cookies and freeze them on a baking sheet. Once frozen, remove them from the baking sheet and place them into a Ziploc bag. When ready to cook, just remove them from the freezer and let them thaw before baking.
Spiced Molasses Cookies Variations
Ginger Molasses Cookies
You can double the Ginger and add Clove with Black Pepper if desired for Ginger Molasses Cookies.
These can also be shaped into gingerbread men cookies.
Add more flour to create a stiff cookie dough, almost like pie dough. Roll out flat and thin and stamp out the cookies with a cookie cutter.
Alternatively, roll out into a long roll with a diameter of the desired cookie size. Wrap and leave it in the fridge for an hour. Take it out and slice thin slices and place onto the baking sheet.
Bake these at 375 F for 5 minutes.
Spiced Molasses Cookies
- 3 1/2 C Flour - see notes
- 1 tsp Allspice, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, Ginger, & Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder & Sea Salt
- 1 1/2 C Sugar
- 1 C Butter
- 1/2 C Molasses
- 1/4 C Water
- 1 Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.Combine Bowl one Ingredients and set aside. Combine Bowl two Ingredients and mix really well with a wired whisk.
- Add Bowl 1 to Bowl 2 and mix well. Add more flour if necessary to achieve a tacky dough but doesn't really stick to you.
- Scoop out by 1 1/2 Tablespoon and roll into a ball and then press to flatten out a bit. Place unto the Baking Sheet. It should come out fairly clean from the scoop, if not, add more flour and mix.
- Bake in the oven for 9 minutes. Take them out and let cool on the baking tray 30 seconds before transferring them off the baking tray to cool longer.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…