Grilled Cheese Sandwich
A Beautiful lightly Toasted Grilled Cheese Sandwich filled with Cheese. Perfect all by itself as a snack and optionally with Dipping Sauce or served alongside with Tomato Soup or other Soups.
The Classic is White bread. Other types of Bread can be used. Such as Sour Dough Bread, Rye Bread, English Muffins with all its nooks and crannies to hold on to cheese with, or Ciabatta Bread.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Brush On
The Classic version is brushed with Butter. Mayonnaise works exceptionally well. Aioli, Garlic Butter, and other Compound Butters can be used or Flavored Oils.
I most often add the addition of Powdered Parmesan & Romano Cheese. It cooks up really nice and adds some flavor to the bread.
Other Herbs & Spices can go on the outside as well such as Chives, Parsley, Smoked Paprika, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, Dill Weed, Thyme, Aleppo, and Chili Flakes.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Filling
The Classic Cheese filling is American Processed Cheese Slices. I prefer Velveeta Cheese Slices, but any other cheese can be used. It’s entirely up to you.
I have used Cheese Whiz Spread by itself and in addition to using a cheese slice as well as Mozzarella and Mozzarella with Provolone Cheese. A Variety of other cheeses may include Monterrey Jack, Habanero Cheese Slices, or Swiss.
Add additional Items like Bacon, Canadian Bacon, Roast Beef or other Deli Meats, Pickles, Tomatoes with Mozzarella Cheese, Sauteed Mushroom with Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese.
Just don’t add too much, the focus or centerpiece is the Cheese.
Salt & Pepper
In almost all cases add a bit of Salt & Pepper to season. If adding Bacon or other ingredients that contain salt you may want to skip the Salt or not add as much.
If brushing the outside with a Spicy Sauce or adding in spicy ingredients like hot sauce or hot peppers. Skip adding the Black Pepper or don’t add as much.
Exchange the Black Pepper with White Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder, Chipotle Powder, Ancho Powder.
Serve a small dish of dipping sauce.
- Tomato Soup
- Tomato Marinara Sauce
- Ketchup and Hot Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Ranch Dressing
- Thousand Island Dressing
- Papa Johns Garlic Sauce
- Donair Sauce
- Pizza Sauce
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Grilled Cheese Sandwich Variations
Quite a few variations of the Classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich. You just can’t go wrong with Bread and Cheese. Serve as a Sandwich by itself or with Dip. Serve with Soups as a side Sandwich.
Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Butter the Outside with Papa Johns Garlic Sauce and Sprinkle Parmesan & Romano Cheese. Fill with a spoonful of Pizza Sauce and a Slice of Mozzarella Cheese or a Mixture of Mozzarella & Provolone cheese.
Suggested Soup: Pizza Soup
Garlic Buttered Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Butter both the Outside with Papa Johns Garlic Sauce. Place Mozzarella Cheese and/or Provolone Slice or Shredded Mozzarella and Provolone. Sprinkle Black Pepper over the Cheese. Optionally add Bacon.
Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
Brush the Outside with Mayo. Fill with Velveeta or Cheddar Cheese and Bacon Slices or Canadian Bacon.
Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices Bread
- Mayonnaise - – or use Mild Mayo Sauce
- 1 Velveeta Cheese Slice
- Parmesan & Romano Cheese - – Finely grated or Powdered
- Heat a Skillet up over medium heat. Lay out 2 Slices of Bread on a plate. Brush with Mayo and Sprinkle Parmesan & Romano Powdered Cheese on both Slices.
- Take one Slice of bread and flip it over on top of the other one. Butter the top piece of bread and lay a cheese slice down. Sprinkle with a bit of Salt & Pepper.
- Lay the Top Bread down into the Skillet and Place the other one on top. Cover the skillet and cook 1-2 minutes per side or until Toasted to your liking.
- Iced CappEnjoy a Creamy Cold Refreshing Iced Capp at home any time. It’s a Coffee on Ice with additional ingredients to get those unique Flavors. I am still messing around with the ratios. But find this to be pretty close to Tim Hortons Iced Capp. Tim…
- Pasta PitasPasta Pitas are just something else! Brushed with Garlic Butter & sauced with Pasta Meat Sauce. Topped with torn Provolone Cheese for a Deliciously Greasy Treat. Oven baked, garnished and served. These are a very convenient snack right after making some Pasta Sauce using the…
- Pasta SauceRagu style Pasta Sauce simmered for 2 hours or more to develop the concentrated flavors for your favorite Pasta dishes. Made from Tomatoes & Juice, Soffritto, Tomato Paste, with a nice blend of Herbs & Spices and a lot of Basil. Resulting in a Delicious…