Cheese Steak Pizza
Cheese Steak Pizza, done JAH Style! Pizza Dough sauced with Mild Mayo Sauce and topped with Steak Strips, Onions, Peppers, and Cheese. Dressed with Red Greek Sauce over top, that makes this a hell of a good steak Pizza. Optionally add Sautéed Mushrooms.
If however, you make the hand-tossed pizza dough and freeze them, then it’s as simple as taking it out to thaw.
Cheese Steak Pizza Sauce
I use the Mild Mayo Sauce as the base sauce for the Pizza and the Red Greek Sauce to dress the pizza. However, you could flip the sauces and use the Red Greek Sauce as the base and the Mild Mayo as the dressing sauce. Entirely up to you and your preferences.
The Mild Mayo Sauce and Red Greek Sauce Combination is something that I often use not just for Cheesesteak Pizza, but also for Gyro Wraps & Shawarmas. The combination works extremely well together with meats.
Other Sauces can be used in place of the Above Sauces to get different variations of the Cheese Steak Pizza. Use both Sauces from the Saucy Steak Recipe or Arby’s Sauce, Cheese Whiz Sauce for the Dressing sauce that goes on top.
Even mixing a bit of Mayo and HP Sauce or other Steak Sauce for either the Base or the Dressing sauce on top.
You could also just stay with the Base Pizza Sauce for the Cheesesteak Pizza and use another Sauce of your choice for the Dressing Sauce.
Use Sliced cooked steak for the Steak Pizza. This recipe usually comes after I have made Cheese Steak Sub, reserving some of the meat for this recipe here.
Use reserved meat from making the Cheese Steak oven subs. Doing so reduces time and effort, as well as having this dish as a natural carry-over dish.
If making this from scratch, then slice thinly the steak. Partially freezing the steak can help with this.
Cook the steak in a skillet until the pink is gone, with a bit of Salt & Pepper. Or marinate it in some Seasoned Oil and then cook it to use as the topping for the Pizza.
Any cut can be used but ideally, you want Rib Eye, Flank, Chuck Eye, Top or Bottom round.
Cheese Steak Pizza Toppings
Add to the Steak Pizza, Diced Onions, Peppers, and Sautéed Mushrooms if desired. Other toppings may include Hot Peppers, Dill Pickles, Fried Onions, and/or Diced Tomatoes.
For this Pizza, the standard Cheese blend that I am always going on about is a 3:1 ratio of Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese. It adds exceptional flavor and good melting. However, for this particular pizza also include shredded cheddar cheese. It just goes so well with Steak.
Cheese Steak Pizza
- 1 Pizza Pan or Screen
- 1 lb Steak - Sliced Thinly and cooked
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Peppers
- 1 Red Peppers
- Prepare in advance the Pizza Dough, Sauces and Toppings that will be used for the Cheesesteak Pizza.
- Preheat the Oven to the highest setting, preferably with a pizza Stone.
- Place the Pizza Dough on a Pizza Sheet or Screen and Sauce with Mild Mayo Sauce or other chosen Base Sauce. Then the Toppings & Cheese or Cheese & Toppings, depending if you like your toppings under the cheese or on top of the cheese.
- Bake in the oven for about 5–6 minutes. While that Pizza is baking, assemble your second pizza and place into the oven when the first Pizza comes out.
- Squeeze the Red Greek Sauce or other Dressing Sauce over top of the Cooked Pizza. Slice and Serve.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…