Cheese Whiz Sauce
Cheese Whiz Sauce! Quick multi-purpose Hot Cheese Sauce that can be thrown together in five minutes.
The Standard Cheese Sauce is made from Béchamel Sauce with Cheese. Any kind you’d like. For this recipe, we do something a little different. We use Arrowroot for the thickening because of the Texture it offers which is perfect for the cheese sauce. We use Cheese Whiz as the Cheese Source with some help from Brewers Yeast for undertones.
Tip: Use a spoonful of this cheese sauce or just Cheese Whiz in KD with Butter, Milk and Salt & Pepper.
Variations of Cheese Whiz Sauce
Optionally add Cheese, any kind you’d like. Some Ideas are Tex Mex Cheese, Cheddar Cheese, Provolone Cheese, or a small amount of Blue Cheese. Just add to the sauce and heat until melted and thickened.
Add Cheddar Cheese Powder for extra cheesiness.
If you are using the Cheese Sauce for a Meaty Dish. You can substitute the Water or Milk for Broth. You can also just use Milk instead of the Buttermilk powder and Water or in addition to.
Cheese Whiz Sauce Seasoning
Swap out the seasoning with Taco Seasoning to taste for a Nacho Cheese style Sauce or with the addition of Chipotle Powder or Ancho Powder.
Exchange Turmeric with Yellow or Orange Food Coloring. Add Cheddar Cheese Powder, which will add color as well as a stronger cheese flavor.
For a Buttery, Cheese Flavor exchange the Sea salt with Butter Popcorn Seasoning. This also adds color.
Adjust the consistency by thickening it or thinning it out.
To thin it out, simply add more liquid, while simmering.
To thicken it, mix equal amounts of Arrowroot & Water (about 1 tsp or more). Bring the Cheese sauce to simmer and slowly add the slurry until thickened to your liking.
Use this sauce on the Cheeseburger Poutine!
Cheese Whiz Sauce
- 1 C Water - – or Milk
- 1/2 C Cheese Whiz
- 2 Tbl Buttermilk Powder
- 1 Tbl Arrowroot, Brewers Yeast & Neutral Oil - – 1 Tbl Cheddar Cheese Powder can be added or exchanged with the Brewers Yeast.
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Onion, Garlic, Turmeric, & Mustard Powder
- 1/8 tsp Citric Acid & White Pepper
- Combine All Ingredients together except the Cheese Whiz and Mix really well.
- Add in the Cheese Whiz and Bring to boil while mixing constantly until the cheese whiz dissolves. Keep mixing to prevent burning the bottom until thickened. Remove from heat.
- Iced CappEnjoy a Creamy Cold Refreshing Iced Capp at home any time. It’s a Coffee on Ice with additional ingredients to get those unique Flavors. I am still messing around with the ratios. But find this to be pretty close to Tim Hortons Iced Capp. Tim…
- Pasta PitasPasta Pitas are just something else! Brushed with Garlic Butter & sauced with Pasta Meat Sauce. Topped with torn Provolone Cheese for a Deliciously Greasy Treat. Oven baked, garnished and served. These are a very convenient snack right after making some Pasta Sauce using the…
- Pasta SauceRagu style Pasta Sauce simmered for 2 hours or more to develop the concentrated flavors for your favorite Pasta dishes. Made from Tomatoes & Juice, Soffritto, Tomato Paste, with a nice blend of Herbs & Spices and a lot of Basil. Resulting in a Delicious…