Italian Deli Pizza
If you haven’t already. Check out my post on Hand Tossed Pizza Dough & Pizza Sauce. For this Italian Deli Pizza, we are using Pepperoni, Prosciutto, Coppa Di Parma, Genoa Salami and topping it off with Mozzarella Cheese Blend. Which is a 3:1 ratio of Shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese. It makes a Big Difference.
I am extremely fussy when it comes to Pepperoni. It must be dry cured. The picture below is one that I highly recommend for Pizzas, Subs, Breakfast Sandwiches, Pasta Sauce, Sandwiches, and any other place where Pepperoni is called for.
Fantino & Mondello Pepperoni
Absolutely one of the best pepperoni out there.
Italian Deli Meats
For the Italian Deli meats. I picked up the below pictured Package at Walmart. But stopping off at your local butcher shop to pick some up would be better not only to support your local butcher shop but to stock up for Pizzas, Sandwiches, and more. These are really good cuts of meat.
Putting together the Italian Deli Pizza
With a large Pizza Dough placed on Cornmeal. Form the Crust and Stretch, then hand toss the Pizza. Lay down on a pizza screen and fix the shape. Optionally, brush with Oil or Garlic Butter.
Scoop a ladle of Pizza Sauce and pour in the middle. Starting from the middle, go in a circular motion to spread the sauce.
For this pizza, we really want the toppings to shine. So sprinkle on mozzarella cheese on the Pie. Then Lay down the toppings.
Place on a pizza stone. In an oven that has preheated for a good amount of time at the maximum heat your stove will go. The Goal is to Cook the Pizza as fast as we can while getting nice color.
Garnish off with some Green Onions, Aleppo Pepper or Chili Flakes, Parmesan, Romano & Parsley.
That’s It! A Big Italian Deli Pizza Pie! Enjoy.
Italian Deli Pizza
- 1 Pizza Stone
- 1 Pizza Screen
- 1 Hand Tossed Pizza Dough
- Pepperoni - Good Quality
- Italian Deli Meats
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese Blend - 3:1 Mozzarella & Provolone
- Parmesan & Romano - optional
- Preheat the oven as high as it will go, preferably with a pizza stone. Stretch the Pizza out on a floured or cornmeal surface and place unto a pizza screen.
- Sauce and Cheese the Pizza. Top with the Topping and Bake until done, about 5 minutes. Garnish with Parsley, Chili Flakes, Parmesan and Romano Cheese.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…