You ready for some new flavored Jellos? This recipe uses Soda Pop as the Flavoring liquid for all kinds of flavored Homemade Jello. You only need 1/2 Tbl of Gelatine per cup of liquid to change it to Jello. Pick your flavored pop and some gelatine up to make yours today. Add some Whipped Cream on top for an extra treat.
SUGAR, GELATIN, ADIPIC ACID, CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% OF ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, DISODIUM PHOSPHATE, SODIUM CITRATE, FURMARIC ACID, FOOD COLORING
This is the ingredient responsible for gelling the liquids into a treat to enjoy as a dessert or snack. Gelatine also has numerous health benefits for the gut.
The standard 1 Tbl per 2 Cups of Liquid is sufficient to make Jello. Add a bit more, if a stronger gelatinous texture is desired. Not too much or you’ll convert it to the same as a gummi bear.
How to make homemade Jello
Combine 2 Cups choice of liquid and 1 Tbl of Gelatine in a sauce pot. Bring it to a boil and pour into serving bowls. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours. Cover the Jello with a lid for longer storage after it firm.
Depending on the liquid being used, you may want to add a pinch of Citric Acid or Lemon Juice so that the Jello has some tartness.
Jello made with Soda Pop! Use the Soda as is, no sugar added. Add more sugar If a sweeter Jello is desired. With this method just combine all the ingredients together, mix well and bring to a boil before pouring into four 1/2 C serving bowls. Add a pinch of Citric Acid for some tartness.
Another option for a stronger flavor to come through and used in the recipe below, is to reduce the pop a bit to concentrate the flavors more. Add pop to a saucepot and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for a bit until the pop has reduced by about half.
Either way you choose to use the pop, as is or reduced, with/without added sugar, it makes for a fantastic Jello. Mix and match the sodas or try other flavors.
Orange Crush Jello
Use Orange Crush Soda as the Liquid.
Cream Soda Crush Jello
Use Cream Soda Crush as the Liquid.
I will be trying some other ones and will post them here when I do so. Some of the Flavors I will be testing is Root Beer, Dr Pepper, Grape, Orange Fanta, etc… You can even mix and match the sodas to get new and exciting flavors.
Orange Fanta Jello
I think this one is my favorite really good concentrated flavors.
A pinch of Citric Acid really does wake things up and adds a tartness that is really good in Jello.
You can also combine Sugar & Citric Acid and sprinkle over top for soured Jello. I’m not sure why I like this, but it really wakes you up, the same as sour candies or soured gummy bears. This may just be me though.
Use your favorite Fruit Juice. Just purchase some already made juice and use as is or with added sugar. Just the same with Pop where you can reduce it down further by boiling to concentrate the flavors.
Make Kool-aid up and use that as the Liquid for Jello.
Another option is to determine the strength you want for 2 cups of water and mix with 1 Tbl of Gelatine. Then portion into small ziploc bags. Place a label on them that states to mix with 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Pour into serving dishes and chill.
Kool-aid comes in packets that are either sweetened or not. Additional sugar may need to be added or not depending on the kind you pick up.
- 4 1/2 C Serving Bowls – or Tupperware containers
- 3 C Soda Pop
- 1 Tbl Gelatine
- Pinch Citric Acid - – optional
- Place 2 C of Soda into a saucepot and bring to boil. Keep boiling until it is reduced by half. Top up with fresh soda if it is under 1 cup.
- Combine 1 C Soda Pop & Gelatine in a bowl and mix well. Empty into the Saucepot with the reduced soda and bring to a boil while mixing. Optionally with a pinch of Citric Acid.
- As soon as it starts to boil, pour into 4 small serving bowls and refrigerate uncovered for 4+ hours. Cover after it has chilled for longer storage.
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…