Garlic Butter Rice
Make this Garlic Butter Rice in a Rice Cooker with Garlic Butter & Chicken Broth. It’s a very nice dish to serve as a side. Its got that Garlicky Kick in combination with a good quality strong Chicken Broth and speckled with the Herbs & Spices from the Garlic Butter.
What type of Rice to use For Garlic Butter Rice
Use Basmati or Jasmine Rice (unscented). Use a short grain for a Sticky version. I usually always have Basmati & Jasmine on hand and so use this most often. I have made this with a medium grain Italian Style Rice, which yields a Sticky Rice and is really good.
Rinse the Rice well and strain before placing it back into the Rice Cooker and adding in the ingredients.
Sticky Garlic Butter Rice
Made with washed & rinsed Short to Medium Grain Rice for a Sticky Garlic Butter Rice.
The best flavored broth comes from Maggi Bouillon Cubes. In particular for this recipe, we are looking for a strong broth which you won’t get with premixed ready to use broth. Use two Maggi Chicken Bouillon cubes with 1 1/2 C of Water for a very strong broth.
Maggi Chicken Bouillon
Add 2 Cubes to 1 1/2 C of Water and heat to dissolve the cubes to make a Strong Chicken Broth before adding it to the rice.
This is the Garlic Butter used in Garlic Butter Rice. Just 2 Tbl of it added with the Maggi Bouillon Cubes and Water when heating to also melt the Garlic Butter and mix with the Chicken Broth.
Garlic Butter Rice Adjustments
This recipe is just so good in its own right. Producing one of the best Garlic Butter Rice dishes to serve up as a side for many dishes. Adjustments can be made depending on what you are seeking and what it will be paired with.
You can use 1 Maggi Bouillon Cube instead of 2, but this does drop the salt content down. Add some salt to taste and adjust for this.
Add in additional Herbs for a Garlic Butter & Herbs Flavor. Some really good ones are to up the Herbs already used in the Garlic Butter, like the Parsley & Dill weed. Others to introduce a more herbal note can be Thyme, Savory, Rosemary, Marjoram or a Bay Leaf.
Add about 1 Tbl of Lemon Juice. More or less, with equal amounts of the broth being subtracted. This will give it a slight tang for a Lemon Garlic Butter Rice.
Add in Vegetables
Sliced Leek, Chives, Green Onions are all very nice with this dish and complimentary to the overall dish.
Want to take it to the Spicy side or just add a bit of heat to accent the flavors already present. Add in some heat in the form of Black Pepper, White Pepper, Cayenne Pepper, Aleppo Chili Flakes, Red Chili Flakes or Freshly Ground Peppercorns.
Add in liquid forms of heat such as Franks RedHot Sauce, Sriracha, Chili Oil.
Rice Cooker Method
With the use of Bouillon cubes, these have to be dissolved in the water with the Garlic Butter before adding it to the washed and rinsed Rice.
Just place the water, bouillon cubes and Garlic Butter into a small pan and heat just until dissolved. Use a fork to flatten out the bouillon cubes, so they can dissolve much faster. Empty into the Rice Cooker with the Rice and cook on the basic white rice setting.
Garlic Butter Rice with Meat
Meat can be added to cook along with the Rice. Small dice Chicken Breast, Pork Chop or Steak. Mix it in with the Rice to cook. Don’t overcrowd it with meat, use a small amount, about 1/4 lbs. or about 100 g of meat is good.
Garlic Butter Rice
- 1 Rice Cooker
- 1 Saucepan
- 1 Rice Strainer
- 1 C Rice - Basmati, Jasmine or short grain rice
- 1 1/2 C Water
- 2 Cube Maggi Chicken Bouillon
- 2 Tbl Garlic Butter
- In a saucepan combine water, Maggi Bouillon Cubes and Garlic Butter and heat over max heat until you can press the bouillon cube down with a fork, and it is completely dissolved.
- Wash and Strain the Rice. Place back into the Rice Cooker and add the Liquids. Set the Rice Cooker to the White Rice Setting.
- Fluff the Rice and plate to serve, or keep warm in the rice cooker until ready to serve.
- Jerk ChickenJuicy, Fall off the Bone, Charred Crispy Jerk Chicken with that addictive taste and just the right Hit of Heat, that you can control. Make it as Mild, Medium, Spicy or Hot as desired. The Jerk Marinade is made up in a Jar in about … Read more
- Cabbage Roll SoupWhat a wonderful Savory Cabbage Roll Soup made from Salted Tender Cabbage and Rice with Parsley, Tarragon & Caraway to add that Cabbage Roll taste. This soup is based on the Vegetable Soup and can include a variety of meats, such as ground Beef, Pork, … Read more
- Swiss SteakFork Tender Swiss Steak with a Flavorful Beefy Tomato Sauce. Done Stove top, in a Slow Cooker or Oven Braised for a Delicious Comforting Meal. Add in your choice of herbs to shape the Flavors and serve with Mashed, Roasted or Steamed Potatoes, Crispy Fries, … Read more