Basil Rice is a phenomenal Rice recipe. I don’t know what it is that causes an elevated energy after eating this. Maybe because of the high amount of Basil in this Basil Rice Recipe.
I know That Basil has numerous health benefits but the feel good vibe after eating this dish alone makes it a regular in my kitchen.
I prefer to make it with Fresh Basil Leaves but also use the Dried version as well. It Pairs really well with anything Tomato Based. I especially love it with Poulet Au Vinaigre or Chicken in Tomato & Vinegar Sauce.
Health Benefits of Basil
After being curious about the effects of Basil Rice because I always feel good after eating it. I researched a bit on the health benefits of Basil and was surprised to find there are actually quite a few health benefits associated with Basil.
These cover everything from Anxiety, Digestion, Anti Inflammatory, Depression, Liver Functions, Diabetes Management, and more.
Basil is an excellent source of vitamin K, manganese, iron, vitamin A, and vitamin C. It’s also a good source of calcium, magnesium, and omega-3 fatty acids. Basil isn’t simply for internal use. When Basil’s oils are extracted to make essential oil, it is used for treating cuts, wounds, and skin infections.
If you have some time, do a bit of research on this. It’s quite impressive.
Basil Rice Ingredients
Basil is the star of this dish receiving support from Onions, Garlic, and Chicken Stock as the Liquid for Making the Basmati Rice.
A lot of Basil is added to create that taste and feel good vibe. Add some Tomatoes and Peppers as well if you’d like. Season with Salt and Chili Flakes, I like to use Aleppo Pepper instead.
It surely is a dish that will elevate your spirit. I wonder since Green Peas also offer some of that feel good vibe if it was added to this dish would it enhance it.
- Rice Cooker
- 1 C Basmati Rice or other Long Grain
- 1 3/4 C Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbl Olive Oil & Lemon Juice
- 1 Small Onion - sliced
- 3 Cloves Garlic - minced or fine chopped
- 3 Tbl Basil Dried - or use Fresh Basil as desired
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- Chili Flakes or Aleppo Pepper - To Taste
- 1 Tomato - Diced – Optional
- Wash and Rinse the Rice and place into a Rice Cooker along with remaining Ingredients, Mix Well and Cook until Done.
- Fluff the Rice and Mix around to evenly distribute. Adjust the Seasoning and Serve.
- Aioli Pork ChopsAioli Pork Chops are just Phenomenal! These Pork Chops are marinated in an Aioli Marinade using the Jar version of it. Where everything is placed into a Jar and puréed with an Immersion Blender. Slow cooked until fork tender. Just as they come out of…
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…