A Mexican Pizza, Not a Taco Pizza but a Pizza made from Carnita Meat and Taco Sauce topped with Mozzarella Cheese and some Cheddar Cheese and Onions and Tomatoes. I would really like to get my hands on some Mexican cheese to incorporate with it, to give it that little extra. Perhaps sometime in the future I will give this a go and see what works best for that Mexican Touch.
It’s a great way to use up left over Meat as well. Especially if you make a big Shoulder. Which is what I do so that I can have left over meat for numerous dishes. Carnitas Pizza is one of them that I love to make.
Red Taco Sauce
Use My Red Taco Sauce Recipe but instead of Adding the Tomato Juice and Cornstarch add the 1/2 C Tomato Paste and Enough Pork Broth for the desired Consistency. Bring it to a boil and allow to simmer for 10 minutes or so. Adjust the Seasoning and acid. Set this aside to cool before saucing the Pizza. It’s more like an Enchilada Sauce than a Condiment you would put on your Tacos.
Use leftover Carnitas for the Meat on the Pizza. Optionally Add in some Chorizo or other Sausages. You can also season the meat with Taco Seasoning if desired.
I usually make a big batch of Carnitas and save the meat for Soups, Stews and right here for Carnita Pizzas. The Meat Freezes quite well.
Carnita Pizza Toppings
Just your standard Onions and Tomatoes but you can go wild here and add anything you like. Corn, Hot or Sweet Peppers, Pineapples, Mangoes.
The Main Topping is the Carnita Meat with the Red Taco Sauce that make up this Carnita Pizza.
Use a blend of Mozzarella with the Provolone at a ratio of 3:1. I would love to experiment a bit with some Mexican Cheeses added. Just to give it that touch of Mexico.
To the Cheese blend add a bit of Cheddar Cheese as well.
Garnish with Cilantro, Parsley, Chili Flakes, Taco Seasoning, Squeeze of Lemon or Lime Juice.
- Prepare dough for Saucing on a Floured or Cornmeal Surface and Sauce with Red Taco Sauce Enchilada Style.
- Spread a generous amount of Carnita Meat and top with Onions, Tomatoes, and other ingredients if desired. Spread Mozzarella Cheese Blend with a little Cheddar Cheese on top and Bake in a preheated Oven the Highest it will go. Preferably with a pizza stone for about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with Parsley, Cilantro, Chili Flakes, Taco Seasoning or Various Sauces like Cilantro Cream Sauce or just Sour Cream inside a squeeze bottle to sauce on top.
- Burrito BowlThis Taco Burrito Bowl is made with all the same ingredients used to make a Taco Burrito. All layered in a Plate, Bowl or Tortilla Bowl. Place everything out on the table, so everyone can build their own with some Soda and enjoy a Family … Read more
- Aioli Pork ChopsAioli Pork Chops are just Phenomenal! These Pork Chops are marinated in an Aioli Marinade using the Jar version of it. Where everything is placed into a Jar and puréed with an Immersion Blender. Slow cooked until fork tender. Just as they come out of … Read more
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your … Read more