Whole Pieces, Quarters, Legs, Thighs, Breast dusted and baked in the oven before being soaked in Buffalo Sauce. That Buffalo Sauce isn’t Just for Wings!
Use Chicken Quarters, Legs, Thighs, Breast or even a Whole Chicken Broken down into 9 – 12 pieces. Check my post on How to Prepare Chicken. make sure the Chicken is completely thawed and patted dry before dusting.
Buffalo Chicken Dusting
Toss the Chicken in the dusting, then let sit while you preheat the oven to 425 F.
Combine 1 Tbl each of the following and double it if more is needed.
- Kosher Salt
- Baking Powder
The Buffalo Sauce is the same used in the Buffalo Wings Recipe. Use Mild, Medium or Hot based on preference.
Additionally you can add in whatever amount you find best of Black Pepper or Cayenne Pepper with the Dusting to bolster the heat up a bit.
Up the heat as there is more Chicken to Sauce ratio. Either go up one level or use the desired heat level you are use to and add in an extra tablespoon or two of Frank’s RedHot Sauce.
Oven Buffalo Chicken
Start first by dusting the Chicken and place on a well greased baking tray skin side down. Turn on the oven and let preheat to 425 F.
Baked Dusted Chicken
Place the Chicken into the oven for 30 minutes, before flipping over and cooking another 30 minutes.
Saucing Buffalo Chicken
Straight from the oven pour out excess grease and add the desired amount of Buffalo Sauce. Toss or flip the pieces to coat entirely with the Buffalo Sauce and let sit to soak the Sauce up and cool down for 10 – 15 minutes.
Also save the Buffalo Sauce for additional dipping on the side if desired or for your next batch of Buffalo Wings or perhaps Buffalo Chicken Pizza. Just place it into a Ziploc bag and freeze until ready to use.
Buffalo Chicken Side Dishes
- 1 Casserole Dish
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Pair of Tongs
- 1 Tbl Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbl Baking Powder
- 1 Tbl Cornstarch
- Clean and breakdown the Chicken into pieces if using a Whole Chicken. Pat dry and toss in a bowl with the dusting to coat.
- Place the Chicken skin side down in a well greased casserole. Bake the Chicken for 30 minutes at 425 F. Flip the pieces skin side up and bake another 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and drain off the drippings.
- Pour the Buffalo Sauce in with the Chicken and toss or flip to coat each piece completely. Leave in the Sauce for 10 – 15 minutes before serving.
MILDThe ratio of 3:1 Margarine and Hot Sauce. 3/4 C of Margarine and 1/4 C of Frank’s RedHot Sauce.
MEDIUMThe ratio of 1:1 Margarine and Hot Sauce. 1/2 C each of Frank’s RedHot Sauce & Margarine.
HOTThe ratio of 3:1 Hot Sauce to Margarine. 3/4 C of Frank’s RedHot Sauce & 1/4 C Margarine.
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…