The Seth Breakfast is Fried Sausage or Spam, Sunny Side Up or Scrambled Eggs, Buttered Toast and Hash browns. A Hot Breakfast to Start Your Day!
For a lighter version of the Breakfast Platter. Skip the Hash Browns for a Set Breakfast.
Sausage or Spam
Use Sausage and/or Spam for the Seth or Set Breakfast.
Use Round Breakfast Sausage, or the Smaller Breakfast Sausages. The standard variety of Sausages can be used too. As is or with the casing removed and portioned into 45 g sausage patties.
Fried Canned or Homemade Spam is the other option or included alongside with the Sausages.
Either Sunny Side Up Eggs or Scrambled Eggs seasoned with Salt & Pepper. Or other seasonings such as a pinch of Paprika, Chili Powder with Salt & Pepper. Garnish it with Parsley & Aleppo or Chili Flakes.
In both cases, whether you make Sunny Side Up or Scrambled Eggs. You heat the butter up in a Skillet over medium heat. When the pan is hot but the butter not browning you add the eggs and cover with a lid. Shut the heat off but leave the pan on the burner. The residual heat will be adequate enough to cook the eggs through.
One of my favorites is English Muffins or Toasted Sour Dough Bread.
Toast and Butter after the Eggs are done. This way the Breakfast Plate can be served hot.
The Seth Breakfast includes Hash Browns where as the Set breakfast skips them for a lighter version of the same breakfast platter.
Check out my post on Hash Browns to make these up. Start the night before by baking the potatoes and refrigerating them overnight.
Peel and diced to desired size and Pan Fried in some Bacon Grease or Rendered Fat until desired level of doneness.
You could also go the French Fry Route for Quick Hash Browns. This is where you dice french fries to create the hash browns.
Or use the McDonalds Style Hash Browns. Which can be picked up at your local grocery store for pretty cheap.
For these brush with Oil and Broil in the oven until crisp. Flipping over to get the other side as well or you can deep fry them.
- 2 Sausage and/or Spam Slices
- 4 Eggs
- 2 English Muffins
- Handful French Fries - – or Hash Brown Patties
- Heat up a skillet over medium heat and fry up the Sausage Patties. When done plate the sausages but leave the grease in the pan.
- Take a couple handful of French Fries and Dice them to create Hash Browns. Throw them into the pan with a bit of salt. Add more fat if needed to ensure proper browning. Turn the heat up to medium high and let them sit to brown. Toss and repeat until done to your liking. Stirring more often the longer they cook. Sprinkle with Black pepper and mix. Drop the heat back to medium and plate the Hash Browns.
- Proceed to cook the eggs. While the Eggs rest, Toast and Butter your bread.
Sunny Side Up Eggs
- Place Saute Pan on medium heat and let warm. Add Fat and continue to heat for about 1 minute. Add Eggs and Season. Shut off the heat and cover. Leave the Pan on the Burner. For a few minutes until the Egg Whites are firm.
- Beat the Eggs & Seasoning with a Fork and set aside. Melt Butter in Saute Pan on Low Heat. When the Butter is Hot but not Brown. Add the Eggs to the Pan. Then Add Cottage Cheese. Stir Gently until the Cottage Cheese is mixed through. Turn the heat off and cover.The Eggs will still cook as long as the pan is still hot.
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…