Seared & Seasoned Quarter Pound Burger on a Buttered & Toasted Sesame Bun. Topped with shredded Lettuce, Tomato Slice, long sliced Pickles and Sautéed Onions with the Flavor Packed Mustarshire Sauce that just pulls the whole Burger together.
Make sure you have the Patties weighed out, portioned and frozen to be ready to go when making this recipe.
Check out my post on How to Make Burgers for more information on making Burgers. Portion the Burger Patties out at a Quarter Pound (112 g) and about 1/4 inch thick, 5 inches in diameter. Slightly bigger than the Hamburger Buns.
Quarter Pound Beef Patties
- 1 lb. of Ground Beef
- 1 tsp Beef Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
Use this blend to season the Burger Patties when searing.
- 1 Tbl Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
Sesame Hamburger Buns
For a Quarter Pound All Beef Patty, you want larger Hamburger Buns. These by Dempsters are pretty good. After Toasting the Buttered Buns, the Pan will be hot enough to start searing the Burger Patties.
Sesame Hamburger Buns
These buns are about 4.5 inches. Butter & Toast these in a skillet over medium heat.
Mustarshire Burger Toppings
The Toppings for the Mustarshire Hamburger are Lettuce, Tomatoes, Pickles and Onions with Mustarshire Sauce. Optionally add in Crispy Bacon or Sliced Cheese.
Either tear or shred the Lettuce, using a handful for each Burger. Placed on the Bottom Bun first right after toasting the Buns.
Thinly slice a Tomato and place on the Lettuce, using 1 or 2 slices.
Use 1 Dill Pickle sliced, or slice it lengthwise, creating 4 long slices. Use 2 for each Hamburger.
Use about 1/4 C of White Onions chopped into Slivers. Add the Onions to the Pan right after the Burger Patties are done and removed. Briefly cook in the juices left behind from the Burgers. Place on top of the Burger Patty and Dill Pickle Slices.
Mustarshire Burger Sauce
A simple combination of Dijon Mustard & Worcestershire Sauce with Mayo for a 3 ingredient Burger Sauce that offers up really intriguing Flavors. It really does have a unique taste and to me is very familiar.
Use 1 -2 Tbl per Burger.
- 1/4 C Mayo
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
Either Hellmann’s Mayo or Homemade Mayo can be used here.
French’s Dijon Mustard
Ingredients; VINEGAR, WATER, MUSTARD SEED, SALT, CHARDONNAY WINE, CITRIC ACID, TARTARIC ACID, SPICES, TURMERIC.
Ingredients; VINEGAR, BLACKSTRAP MOLASSES, GLUCOSE SYRUP, WATER, SALT, CARAMEL COLOUR, SUGAR, SPICES, ANCHOVIES (FISH), NATURAL FLAVOURS (SOY) AND TAMARIND.
Side of Air Fryer Fries
Cook up 1 lb. of Thick Cut Fries in the Air fryer to serve with these Mustarshire Burgers. Optionally with more Mustarshire Sauce to dip the Fries. You can also use Tandoori Masala for Tandoori Seasoned Fries or the Burger Seasoning for Salt & Pepper Fries.
Toss 1 lb. of Thick Cut Fries with 1/4 C of Neutral Oil and 1/2 tsp – 3/4 tsp of Sea Salt. Toss well and place into the Air Fryer at 400 F for 30 minutes.
Let it cook for 15 minutes, then every few minutes empty the fries with oil back into a steel bowl to toss and then back into the Air Fryer. Repeat until done and crispy to your liking.
Make as above but replace the Sea Salt with the Salt & Pepper Blend that is used to season the Burgers.
- 1 Bowl – for the Mustarshire Sauce
- 1 Skillet
- 2 Quarter Pound Beef Patties
- 1/2 C Lettuce - Torn or Shredded
- 1 Tomato - Thinly Sliced
- 1 Dill Pickle - Sliced long and thin into 4 pieces
- 1/4 C Slivered Onions
- 1/4 C Mayonnaise - or Homemade Mayo
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard & Worcestershire Sauce
- Combine the Mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard and Worcestershire Sauce into a small bowl to make up the Mustarshire Sauce. Prepare the Toppings and Butter the Hamburger Buns
- Toast the Buns in a skillet over medium heat. Add Burger Patties and sear for about 3 minutes per side, or just until the juices run clear. Season the cooked side with the burger seasoning. Flip again when done to season the other side and remove from the pan.
- Place the Onions into the Pan and shut the heat off. Toss them around and cook briefly.
- Assemble the Burger, starting with the Bottom BunLettuceTomatoesBurger PattyDill PicklesSautéed Slivered OnionsMustarshire Sauce on the CrownServe right away. Optionally wrap in waxed paper to hold before serving.
- Jerk ChickenJuicy, Fall off the Bone, Charred Crispy Jerk Chicken with that addictive taste and just the right Hit of Heat, that you can control. Make it as Mild, Medium, Spicy or Hot as desired. The Jerk Marinade is made up in a Jar in about … Read more
- Cabbage Roll SoupWhat a wonderful Savory Cabbage Roll Soup made from Salted Tender Cabbage and Rice with Parsley, Tarragon & Caraway to add that Cabbage Roll taste. This soup is based on the Vegetable Soup and can include a variety of meats, such as ground Beef, Pork, … Read more
- Swiss SteakFork Tender Swiss Steak with a Flavorful Beefy Tomato Sauce. Done Stove top, in a Slow Cooker or Oven Braised for a Delicious Comforting Meal. Add in your choice of herbs to shape the Flavors and serve with Mashed, Roasted or Steamed Potatoes, Crispy Fries, … Read more