A Copycat Homemade Big Mac Recipe of The Classic Big Mac offered by McDonald’s. I’m a lover of the Big Mac and usually order this or the Quarter Pounder at McDonald’s. Now that I make this from home, it does a very good job of replicating the flavors for me.
Big Mac Ingredients
The Description reads.
Mouthwatering perfection starts with two 100% pure beef patties and Big Mac sauce sandwiched between a sesame seed bun. It’s topped off with pickles, crisp shredded lettuce, finely chopped onion, and American cheese.
Big Mac Sauce
The Sauce Ingredients are listed as.
Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Sweet Relish (Diced Pickles, Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Distilled Vinegar, Salt, Corn Syrup, Xanthan Gum, Calcium Chloride, Spice Extractives), Water, Egg Yolks, Distilled Vinegar, Spices, Onion Powder, Salt, Propylene Glycol Alginate, Garlic Powder, Vegetable Protein (Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy and Wheat), Sugar, Caramel Color, Turmeric, Extractives of Paprika, Soy Lecithin.
Contains Egg, Soy, Wheat.
Standard Burger Information
Check out my post on How to Make Burgers. Which discusses how to make the Burger Patties, their Sizes, How to cook, and the Seasonings for Burger Patties. Other topics include Toasting the Buns and Wrapping the Burgers, as well as freezing the Patties.
It’s an informative post outlining the various components that come together to create your burger. The Toppings & Sauces are up to you.
Homemade Big Mac
weigh out at 45 g Patties and freeze. Use 2 per Burger. Season them with burger Seasoning straight from the freezer, Sear, and Cook.
The Patty Size and the Burger Bun come into play here. The Patties are going to shrink when cooking and if you use the larger hamburger buns there will be more bread than meat. Alternatively, you could up the size of the Hamburger patties to compensate. I just leave it as is or use the small hamburger buns without the sesame seeds, either way is fine for me.
Small Size Hamburger Buns with Sesame Seeds on top – same size as the McDouble or Cheeseburger Bun. Buttered then toasted. These can be hard to find.
Not the Bigger Size or Standard Size Hamburger Buns with Sesame Seeds. You want the Burger Patty to cover the bread.
You could just use the smaller hamburger buns without the sesame seeds.
There are three buns to each Burger. Use either the Bottom of another Hamburger Bun or the Top, but cut the top part off – all the sesame seeds. Butter and Toast on both sides for this middle Bun.
Three Hamburger Buns gives you Two Burgers. The Third Bun, Crown, and Heel, are used to make the Middle Bun for both burgers, also called the Club.
You can see in the Featured Image that Patties don’t fill out. This is because every time I go to Pick up the Hamburger Buns with Sesame Seeds, it’s the ones slightly larger than the Plain Standard Hamburger Buns. I find it difficult to find ones with sesame seeds and small. I don’t mind though, the Taste is all there and that’s what I’m after.
Big Mac Sauce
The Sauce is what brings together all the components. I find that Gloria Pulitzer was pretty bang on for the Sauce.
It consists of Mayonnaise, French Dressing, Relish, Sugar, and Black Pepper.
Big Mac Toppings
The other toppings listed that go on the Big Mac are Crisp Pickles, Shredded Lettuce, and Finely Chopped Onions. You can soak the Onions in water for a few minutes to take the edge off, if preferred.
As well as one or two Cheese Slices, if you’d like. Add Bacon for a Bacon Big Mac.
- 3 Hamburger Buns - with Sesame Seeds
- 4 Hamburger Patties - 45 g each
- Hamburger Seasoning
- Shredded Lettuce
- Onions - Finely Chopped or use rehydrated Onion Flakes
- 4 Pickles - sliced
- 1 American Cheese Slice
Big Mac Sauce
- 1 C Mayonnaise
- 1/2 C French Dressing
- 1/4 C Sweet Relish
- 1 Tbl Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- Place Waxed Paper on a Plate to wrap the Burger when done.
- Prepare the Toppings & Sauce.
- With the Third Bun, Take the Top bun and slice off the Sesame Seeds and Top to make a Club – Middle Bun. Use the Middle Bun for the Second Club – Middle Bun. Butter all Hamburger Buns and the Middle Buns on both sides to toast. Season, Sear and Cook the Patties.
- Assemble the Burger, starting with both the Heel and ClubMac SauceSmall Diced OnionsLettuce2 Pickles on the HeelSlice of Cheese on the ClubMcDonald Burger Patty 45 g on the Heel and ClubPlace Crown on the Club and Lift over to place on top of the HeelWrap and let sit 5 minutes or keep warm in the oven.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…