Crispy Panko Crusted Deep Fried Shrimp served with Sweet Thai Chili Sauce or Seafood Cocktail Sauce for Dipping as an appetizer or an excellent side for a Seafood Platter.
Seasoned Flour for Fried Shrimp
The Seasoned Flour is the same one used for my Deep Fried Clams which consist of a flour mixture of Flour, Corn Flour, and Barley Flour. Seasoned with JAH Poly Seasoning. If you don’t have this. You can use Old Bay, Herbamare, or a Seasoned Salt.
Both the Clams and Shrimp require very short cook times. which is why this is my preferred Flour mix. The combination allows for nice golden color with a short cook time. It only takes a few minutes to cook.
Set up a Bowl for the Seasoned Flour. Another bowl for the Egg and Liquid. Finally the Third bowl for your Panko Flakes.
Coat the shrimp in flour and shake off any excess flour. Into the Eggs with Liquid and then into the Panko Flakes.
Deep Fry until Golden. Salt the Shrimp after coming out of the deep fryer the same as french fries. We want the salt to stick and add additional flavor. Optionally you can season with Seasoned Salt or Old Bay.
Serve this up with some Sweet Thai Chili Sauce, Seafood Cocktail Sauce and/or Tartar Sauce.
- Deep Fryer
- 1 lbs Shrimp
- as needed Panko Flakes
- 1 portion Seasoned Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Tbl Water or Milk,Broth
- Set out 3 Bowls. For the First one combine Seasoned Flour ingredients and set aside
- Bowl 2 add Eggs and Liquid. Mix well and set aside.
- Bowl 3 add Panko Flakes
- Coat the Shrimp in flour and shake off any excess flour
- Place in Egg Wash and then Panko Flakes
- Deep Fry at 350 F- 375 F for a couple minutes or until Golden Crisp.