Sweet Thai Sriracha Wings
Sweet Thai Sriracha Wings are deep-fried and coated in a Sweet Thai Chili Sauce with added Sriracha to the intensity desired.
If doing 3 or more lbs of chicken wings do them in batches of 2 lbs. I have a dual basket Deep fryer which I do 1 lb per basket. With different deep fryers, the amounts could be different. The goal is not to drop the oil temperature too much or overcrowd.
Brine or Marinate
You can choose to marinate or brine your chicken wings before cooking. What we do, is to use 1 tsp of Kosher Salt for each lb of chicken wings. Toss and mix really well and refrigerate for a few hours. Deep fry for 10 minutes. Toss and coat in some sauce.
Deep Fry Method
Deep Fry chicken wings at 350F – 375 F for about 10 – 12 minutes. Lift from the fryer and allow to drain/dry. Place into a bowl with Sauce and mix. Plate and Serve.
You can optionally give the wings a coat by tossing them into your breading before deep frying. Flour, Cornstarch, and Rice Flour work well for this.
Sweet Thai Sriracha Wings Sauce
The Sauce consists of Sweet Thai Chili Sauce. Sriracha sauce added for additional flavor depth and heat. Add a bit of vinegar for some zing if desired.
The Sauce is then mixed together to be tossed and Voila! Sweet Thai Sriracha Wings. Pretty easy right.
Sweet Thai Sriracha Chicken Wings
- Deep Fryer
- 2 lbs Chicken Wings
- 1/2 C Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- to taste Sriracha Sauce
- Sprinkle Kosher Salt on to Chicken Wings. Toss and Mix well. Refrigerate for a 1 hour.
- Combine Sweet Thai Chili Sauce and Sriracha to desired taste in a bowl and set aside. Optionally add some vinegar for some zing.
- Deep Fry for about 10 – 12 minutes at 350 F – 375 F.
- Place the wings into the bowl with sauce. Toss & mix well. Plate and serve. Optionally garnish with Parsley, Chili Flakes, Aleppo, Green Onions etc.