How do you like your Onion Rings? Classic, Breaded or with Panko Flakes.
Slice your Onions into 1/4 Inch – 1/2 inch in thickness for Rings.
Cut the Onion into wedges or into wedges and then slice them in half across for Onion Wedges or Nuggets.
Don’t throw away the inner pieces. These can be saved and chopped wherever you need some diced onions.
Breaded Onion Rings
The Old fashioned way follows the basic breading procedure. Coat the Onion in Seasoned Flour, Dip into the Egg wash, and then into Bread Crumbs.
Classic Onion Rings
The Classic way is with a Wet Batter. I use JAH Deep Fry Batter which creates an extremely crunchy Onion ring that stays crunchy for a very long time.
Panko Crusted Onion Rings
With Panko Crusted you can Prepare as in the Old Fashioned way and instead of Bread Crumbs you use Panko Flakes. Or you can Dip into a Wet Batter as in the Classic way and then into Panko Flakes.
Onion Ring Seasoning
Season the batter with Spices to assist and bring more flavor such as Onion Powder, Garlic, Mustard, Pepper, Paprika.
How to Freeze Onion Rings
To make a big batch of these so you can freeze and cook later. Deep fry just to form the crust. Lay them out onto a baking sheet and freeze, then place them into a Ziploc Bag. Deep fry again or oven bake.
- Deep Fryer
- 2 large Onions - – Slice into rings, wedges, or nuggets
- 1 portion JAH Deep Fry Batter Recipe
- 1 Tbl White Vinegar
- Flour to Toss the Onion Rings
- Panko or Bread Crumbs - – Optional
- Keep the Onion Rings in a bowl of cold water. This keeps them crisp and takes the edge off the onion rings. While you prepare everything else.
- Prepare JAH Deep Fried Batter Add 1 Tbl Rice Vinegar and optionally some seasoning. Set this aside.
- Strain the Onion Rings and Toss in Flour. Dip into the Deep Fry Batter Mix and optionally into some Panko or Bread Crumbs. Deep fry at 375 F – 400 F in batches. Flip over halfway for even browning. Cook until done 2-4 minutes.
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…