Humina Salada! It just rolls off the tongue and tastes good too. A JAH Original, made from combining Hummus, Mr Salad Dressing, and Salad.
I was curious one day and thought what if I took some Hummus that I had made the day before and added some to the Dressing. Poured it over the Salad and took a bite. WOW! This was a Hearty Salad. It tasted like it had meat in it.
A few days later I tried it with Chicken and wrapped it with some Pita Bread. Amazing! I call it Humina Salada with or without meat.
The Hummus is a standard one. Slightly overdone Chickpeas with Tahini, Lemon Juice, Olive Oil, and Cumin with Salt and Heat. Processed in a processor until really smooth.
If you allow the Hummus to sit for a while it will thicken. To make it thinner just add more water. If you find yourself with a runny Hummus even after letting it sit. You can cook it in a pan to evaporate some of that water to make a thicker Hummus.
It is the Hummus added to the Salad Dressing that is giving the impression of heartiness. You don’t really need any meat. This is quite an enjoyable Salad.
Mr Salad Dressing
Mr Salad Dressing is the base salad dressing to which Hummus is added to which really kicks it up into a meaty salad without any meat.
This is a recipe where you can include the chicken or not. Wrap it in a Pita Bread/Tortilla or not. You just might be surprised how satisfying this is.
Combine 1/2 C of Hummus to the Salad Dressing and mix well. Use this Dressing over your Salad with or without chicken. Eat as a salad or wrap it in Pita/Tortilla Bread. Optionally add some crushed Mr. Noodles or Indian Trail Mix/ Indian Snack mix.
Any Salad ingredients can be used as fancy or as simple as you want.
Whatever vegetables you want to include in the salad. The Humina Salad Dressing is really going to bring it all together with a rich, sweet, and meaty taste.
Use Romaine and/or Iceberg Lettuce, Nappa Cabbage, Shredded Carrots, Sliced Onions. Other items may include Croutons, Bacon, Cheddar Cheese, Spinach, Radishes, Tomatoes, and Peppers.
Chicken Humina Salada
Cook up the chicken however you like and add it to the salad. Optionally crush some Mr Noodles over top or use Indian Trail Mix.
Chicken Humina Salada Wrap
Wrap the Salad up in Pita Bread or Tortillas for a Chicken Humina Salada. Serve it up with Some Fries or Chips.
- 1/2 head Lettuce - – Chopped or Sliced
- 3-5 leaves Nappa Cabbage - – Chopped
- 1 small Red Onions - – Sliced
- 1 small Carrots - – Shredded
- 1 small Radish - – Shredded
- 1/4 Cucumber - – Diced, Sliced or Quartered
- Feel free to add any other vegetables
- Cheddar Cheese - – Shredded / Optional
- Combine Mr Dressing with Hummus and mix well.
- Prep, Wash and combine Salad Ingredients. Add Cooked Chicken if desired.
- Use desired amount of Dressing over Salad and Mix. Serve as Salad or Wrap in Pita/Tortilla and serve
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…